Does Notts need to get 'nastier'?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On the back of Kevin Nolan's comments which mentioned that Notts needs to get 'nastier on the pitch', I'm wondering if he refers to us becoming the Stevenage, MK Dons type of team or if he simply means we need to be more physical in our game?

Personally, I just think Notts need to press more and mark better. We give opposition teams a lot of free time on the ball, there's virtually no closing down at all. I was impressed in the friendly against Forest, as we did start off looking like we wanted it back and marked quite well. Yet we just tend to run around and waste energy by not effectively marking or making the decisions when it comes to winning the ball back.

The perfect example would be how Tootle lost his man against Forest, ran backwards and only just managed to win the ball back.

He could have easily turned and positioned himself in a way that made it harder for the Forest fan, yet he decided to allow their player to run and this is an area where we tend to be punished rather easily.

I don't want Notts to become a team whereby we are dirty or aggressive, I just want to see closer marking and better pressing off the ball when we are trying to retain it. What about you?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,942
  • Days Won:  162

better organisation and players will do this, no need to get nastier when off the ball. we just need to win it back quickly and retain the ball.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

"But when I say nastier I don’t mean going out and kicking people or throwing elbows. What I mean is that you can be aggressive in different ways, and making sure it’s not easy for the opposition."

He means getting tighter and closing down opposition, but nastier seems a poor choice of words.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

League Two is a nasty league. Gotta do what we gotta do. Kevin Nolan was known for being a no-nonsense player and he's certainly a no-nonsense manager so it's natural for him to want a team with cojones.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

All depends on the contexts you mean or put it on .... in terms of more aggressive maybe yeah cause it's the score ing or up front we are lacking on in the last two games. There is a fine line betweeen nasty and aggressive and we need to tie the line that simple. There needs to be positive aggression not negative that simple

Archived