Ratings Notts v Accrington Stanley

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,813
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Based on a mean of 5

Collin 5.5  Couldn't do much with the goals, but was outshone by Accrington's keeper,Chapman,  who produced 3 magnificent saves. Having said that Collin, at least blocked what looked like an Accrington certain winner in injury time. The first half saw Collin well protected and had little to do. One poor punched clearance in the second.

Tootle 5.5 Still puzzled over the sending off. It did seem a case of the referee evening up numbers. Believe sending off was for 2 yellow cards

Duffy 5.5 Looking more of an offensive threat from Dan Jones's dead ball delivery ( especially Chapman bringing off a good save)...but marked down a mark or two for a clear cut foul that should have yielded a penalty for Accrington in the second half

Brisley 5 An OK centre half at this level, but look at perhaps what we could have got when compared to Richards Everton  Centre Half performance from Accrington

Jones 6 Giving power on the left when going forward.. Lots of positives but was badly caught out when trying to protect the ball close to his by line.

Hewitt 6 Beginning to see why Nolan is using him. All energy and covering ground but on the flip side, doesnt possess the hope of a killer pass...but maybe that's a dishonour as front 2 have distinct lack of pace.

Yates 5 Just have a feeling he needs to step up more and put his foot down to influence the game. Nolan's long ball tactics doesnt help

Grant 8 Class Class class for that goal... Really need to work harder as a team to bring him into goal scoring positions. Denied another goal with a fine save from Chapman

Hawkridge 7 Absolute dynamo in terms of effort and a great break on the left to deliver the pass for the second

Stead 4.5 Yes, won the penalty and scored from it...just... Was well marshalled by Accrington's defence, who were able to pick off his lack of control.

Shola 5 Full marks to Richards Everton for having Shola in his pocket. Minus marks for lack of concentration that allowed Accrington's player Hughes to score

A nondescript first half gave way to an exiting second. Questions remain of Nolan's thinking as to why Forte didn't start the game... Shola and Stead are too leaden footed to work effectively as a pair. Hewitt's injury in injury time should have been subbed immediately... Maybe easy to say in hindsight.. Overall, agreed Accrington deserved the draw, they played some good football whereas we have good players that dont really benefit from the longer ball game.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,813
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

But Colin made the best save of the game @Piethagoram to deny Accrington Stanley the win, but I actually think 5 is about right. He does deserve credit because it was more than just a single save that he made, and he has started to become more vocal. One thing I don't understand is if Colin didn't have much to-do, surely his communication takes credit for some of it?

It wasn't Duffy who organised the back, he wanted Colin to go out of his area (quite far - in the first half) to receive a throw in. Very poor captain, who just moans and berates players around him.

I'll add my ratings later, but Duffy wouldn't score higher than Colin (I thought he was poor most of the game).

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Collin 6 - Maybe could have done better with their first, stunning point-saving stop at the death.

Tootle 6 - competent overall, two very soft bookings for his red.

Duffy 6 - Generally solid, was he fouled in the build-up to their equaliser?

Brisley 6 - Competent performance.

Jones 6 - Posed a forward threat, the odd dodgy moment in defence.

Hawkridge 7* - Always busy, some good creative work, a constant threat.

Hewitt 6.5 - Covered a lot of ground, gave us shape in midfield.

Yates 6 - Nothing spectacular, but competed well.

Grant 6 - Anonymous first half, much better in the second with another classy finish.

Stead 5.5 - Some good touches, some clumsy.

Ameobi 6.5 - Always offered a target and kept a decent pair of centre backs occupied.

Forte 5 - No impact, struggled to get involved.

Hunt, Milsom  - n/a.

Two points dropped through a combination of conceding two soft goals and some cracking saves from their keeper.  It could have been worse without an equally good save from Collin at 2-2.  Another bizarre refereeing performance, although in fairness he was equally incompetent for both sides.  An annoying obsession with making players move back a yard for a throw-in then allowing them to move forward 3 yards to take it!  Some of the cards he issued were hard to fathom, making decisions when he was some distance from play.  We still lack a bit of creativity, a pity that two lapses in concentration from an otherwise decent defence led to the loss of two points.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

So first game back at meadow lane and once again full of disappointment lol. I really see this as 2 points dropped in my opinion and what has angered me about this game was Kevin Nolan's managerial inexperience. There was absolutely no need for Tootle to be on the pitch at 80 mins with a yellow card already, NO NEED. Nicky Hunt came on but it was too little too late. Nolan must use his subs more wisely and spread them out. I personally am not a fan of time wasting and so i do not agree with bringing subs on in extra time either. 

I understand Collin cant do everything but he needs to step up. The last minute save was outstanding i admit but how on earth can we rely on a keeper that saves 1/3 shots on target from clear goal scoring positions. My ratings and reasons are as follows.

Collin - 5 - Outstanding save which denied Stanley the game, must work on his vision and positioning, think the guy just needs some confidence in his own ability.

Tootle - 5 - All round good performance, silly sending off and his first yellow for time wasting was deserved.

Duffy - 6 - Got into some good attacking positions from set pieces and thought he did ok.

Brisely - 5 - Like @Piethagoram said is OK at best for this level.

Jones - 7 - Some good exchange play with Hawkridge down the wing at times and some crosses looked deadly. I was pleased with his performance  

Hawkridge - 8 - Class signing. Does some real chasing and pressure. Real good performance from the lad.

Hewitt - 7 - Really good work put in CM for him today, did a lot of the legs for the team. I take back my comments on him after seeing him play.

Yates - 4 - Went missing! Did not even realise he was on the pitch second half.

Grant - 8 - Class control for the goal. Real danger and opposition teams will start to see this and put 2 men on him.

Stead - 6.5 - I thought he played a big part tonight. Holding up the ball and letting Hawkridge and Grant run free. 

Ameobi - 6.5 - Similar roll to Stead and think he had some real goal scoring opportunities but one he took on and should've passed it. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Collin - 5 - Played okay, there wasn't much more he could do. Fans blaming him for the goals or relapse in the defence are being unfair, he constantly issued instructions which a certain defender tried over ruling at every given opportunity. I thought he made a couple of decent saves, a long with the best of the night to deny Stanley the win.

Tootle - 5 - Did very well going forward, fairly sensible defending but tends to leave space which is exploited.
Duffy - 4 - I think the captaincy has gone to his head. Poor in marking, argues with instructions and constantly become mouthy with the back line/keeper. He was at fault for the relapse in defence.
Brisely - 5 - He did alright, he tried listening too much to his central partner (who for me let the team down).
Jones - 6.5 - Went forward well, defended decently. He made up for the lack of cover in the centre of defence more than once and this was a very good performance by him.

Hawkridge - 7 - I want to give him a 6.5, yet his hard work pays off. He's a little lightweight and slow against some of the bigger teams, yet he always tries. 
Hewitt - 6 - He seemed to have no position, as he drifted onto both flanks but contributed well to the game - he didn't get stuck in as he could have done mind.
Yates - 5 - He did alright, passed the ball around well and got forward but little defensive cover for me.
Grant - 7 - Got stuck in, worked hard and tried to influence the game.

Stead - 3 - He really looks different this season, either he's unfit or struggling but aside from his goal (from the penalty) he didn't do anything. 
Ameobi - 6 - He held the ball up, linked play and did very well. Just struggle to the right calls in key parts of the game, but was one of our better performers.

Archived