Match Talk

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,953
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I don't like the new format of this programme, they've got three fans for the three local teams.

Where's uncle Colin? It's not the same.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I fall heartily agree, I miss Colin Slater too.

I don't think it's a permanent thing, at least I hope so.

Supporter+

I hope not, no offence to the guys on the panel but the programme is boring without the experts, I'm even missing John McGovern! (Wash my mouth out):biggrin:

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

I found him very bland to be perfectly honest, he seemed afraid to speak his mind and went with obvious comments.

We will have to get used to it! Have they actually replaced the experts?

That is actually a good way to describe what the show lacked, I am not sure why they went on about Mansfield but I am happy with the fact Forest was not mentioned much. It was more us and Mansfield, which I can live with. Did anyone else have issue's with the online version? It kept cutting off for me.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i very rarely listen to it, i dont think it offers much interest to people to be honest. its probably why they have mixed things up, try to get their mates tuning in and i cant see how it would make much difference.

Supporter+

The presenter called it a new format so it sounds like its going to be the same every week.

I'll try again next week and if it's the same I'll not bother again. Mrs Hateley will be pleased to have her Monday nights back, she always got shushed if she spoke to me while uncle Colin was saying something.

Oh right.

I think they should change and mix between people, I'd still prefer to see Colin as he knows football and very close to the club in the right way. Will have to see how it goes really but good luck to those who take part.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

probably best to spend your time on here tony ;)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I dont mind having the chance to hear what fans think, at least those that speak sense. I rarely listen to the programme anyway so not overly bothered, always find they'd sooner spend half the show talking about them lot than anyone else

Supporter+

I dont mind having the chance to hear what fans think, at least those that speak sense. I rarely listen to the programme anyway so not overly bothered, always find they'd sooner spend half the show talking about them lot than anyone else

Agreed, but the fans get the chance to speak when they phone up, I can't see the sense in a phone in with fans talking about their club without an expert who knows the club in the studio. Fans like to ask questions and get them answered by someone who might have an inside knowledge, another fan isn't going to be able to answer those sort of phone calls.

It depends what they bring I guess, I don't mean in the sense of what they know but how well they can express their thoughts. I think it would be very dull to have the same fan, if they mixed it up I would find it more enjoyable but they need to find the right people for that.

The show only interests me when something big happens at Notts, it's very limited otherwise in my opinion.

To have different guest fans would add to the appeal for me, I don't really think the Mansfield or Forest fan knew all that much. The Mansfield fan disagreed with everything put forward, where as the Forest fan spoke weirdly.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I personally avoid these programmes.They seem to have people on just to say what fans want to here or the complete opposite and try to add something controversial.Fans have the right to give their opinion and I may not always agree with what is said but an 'experts' input often balances different points of view.Some very good comments above.

Archived