Liam Walker leaves Notts County

Joe Jones

Bit of a bolt out of the blue this one... Liam Walker has officially left Notts County after having his contract terminated by mutual consent.

I know he's not really managed to consolidate a first-team spot this year and has been out of the squad for a while, but still it's very odd timing with at least three more games (hopefully four) left this season.

Despite being on the fringes, why would he have departed at such a critical time for the club?

Let's get your thoughts - how much will he be missed? Should he have stayed on til the end of the season, maybe try to win a first-team spot next year?

Nonetheless, we want to wish him all the best! We met him at the sponsors dinner last week and he was a very nice, pleasant chap.

DSC_0489.JPG

Supporter+

Yes that is a shock, I can’t think of any reason why he’s left now it seems odd but there must be one. :huh2:

Surprised by the timing, but not by the decision as Michael O'Connor coming back has moved him even further down the list. Was a nice footballer to watch, but we just don't have the right kind of team in order to get the best out of him, so a bit of a passenger in our squad.

Archived