Notts County shirt sponsors and number colours

Joe Jones

So Alan Hardy has announced that Notts County's shirt monthly sponsorship packages for next season have been agreed in principle.

In addition, the club is still (as of 10am on Thursday) sorting out the sponsors for the playoffs.

What sponsors would you ideally like to see on the shirts for the playoffs and for next season?

Also, the debate of shirt number colours has cropped up again on Twitter - here is Hardy's post, which contains comments with suggestions if you click on it.

Likewise, what do you think the club should have on the back in terms of layout and colours?

Supporter+

They need to have a design that makes the numbers and players names stand out more so they can be easily read, I guess in time we do get used to recognising the players but when a new player arrives or one I'm not familiar with I like to know his number and name. I don't really want any red on the shirt maybe a plain black square on the back with white numbers and white letters for the name. The design of the shirt itself should NOT deviate too much from the traditional black and white stripes.

As regards sponsors I'm not really fussed anyone who is paying good money for sponsorship will do me.

I think the best part of the sponsorship program is that you can buy the shirt without one. I personally didn’t like this years shirt, but hope next years will be better and without a sponsor emblazoned on the front is a no brainier if you like the shirt. Each to their own though as some like the sponsors etc...

The sponsorship idea was a great one - as the dwarf says you can have a shirt without one if you wish, and the days of complaining that the home shirt is ruined by a naff sponsor are over (as at least one is likely to look alright).

As for numbers, this year they were almost invisible - they'd have been better off with black as the stripes were faded out anyway. I don't mind us having a white or black block on the back of the shirt so we can see the number, but there should also be replica shirts with continuous stripes on the back.

I read the other day that things had been agreed in principle, I think it's common sense and good business to have things progressing now in time for the new seasons. I'm not really concerned about who the sponsors are, it makes little difference to me and I just hope they bring something interesting to the table - sort of like how Paul Mace gave fans a free shirt during his companies run as sponsor.

With regards to the colour on the back, just look at Juventus or Newcastle but again I don't really care.

Archived