Champions League 2017/18 final - Real Madrid vs Liverpool

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

So on Saturday 26 May the Champions League final takes place, with an English team taking part for the first time since 2012 (when Chelsea won it).

The previous four years, Spanish teams have dominated proceedings - Barcelona and Real Madrid claiming all four trophies, with Atletico Madrid making it an all-Spanish final on two occasions.

Only Juventus have broken the Spanish stranglehold but both times they were heavily beaten by the El Clasico duo.

Atletico Madrid have won the Europa League this year - will the Spanish capital lay claim to both European trophies this year?

Or will Liverpool do what they did in Istanbul in 2005 and upset the odds?

Let's get your thoughts!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think it's dangerous when people and, especially the media write-off a team. Nobody can really suggest Liverpool don't have the quality, they have a good squad and even Spurs managed to find weaknesses within the Real Madrid squad.

Whatever the outcome, I expect a close game but one which is entertaining.

If Liverpool keep the ball moving and a way from players Real's dangermen, I think Salah and co will be able to cause some shocks.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i hope its a goal fest, usually its always one side dominating and the other being very defensive. i think this is why spainish teams do well, they attack and go straight to work. liverpool should be used to this style of play so its going to be interesting.

i can see penalties settling it.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I think Liverpool’s keeper karius won’t be able to Handel the shotting or attacking of Ronald benzema or Reals attacking style they have depth and have scored some screamers which no keeper can get to. Liverpool need to dominate the first half and score at least twice in order to stand a chance Salah must have the game of his career along with the others they must perform as a team and have the sam belief as they have had all the way trough.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

I want Liverpool to win because you have to back any remaining English club.

It's a great achievement by them to make the final and I would hope they can beat Real Madrid, it won't be an easy game for either side but Liverpool will have to be careful on ball.

Archived