Kettering Town Wound Up

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Finally the end of the road for the Poppies, who were today wound up in the high court over a 58 grand debt

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/kettering-town/poppies-wound-up-at-high-court-1-5447254

Meanwhile Sky Sports News show absolutely no interest in this sad news, and instead continue to bang on and on about clubs paying tens of millions of pounds for single players.

The whole thing just makes me sick really.

As for KTFC who knows what the future holds. According to their website, their games tommorow night and on Saturday will go ahead while an administrator winds everything up and makes sure creditors get a fair share of whats left. Not that that'll be much.

Very sad news. Was only in 2008 that they knocked us out of the FA Cup 2nd round...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is really sad news and as you say it comes on a day when the big boys are spending millions and millions of pounds on new players. Gareth Bale is being paid a reported £300,000 pound A WEEK, he could pay off Ketterings debt and still have £242,000 to spend this week.

It's complete madness.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,479
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

They fought long and hard. This is not the end, but the beginning. Newport are a shining example of how a Phoenix can rise from the ashes.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

They fought long and hard. This is not the end, but the beginning. Newport are a shining example of how a Phoenix can rise from the ashes.

I certainly hope you are right for their fans sake.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I find it but it's been coming around for awhile now. They tried, which deserves credit.

If they reform - I hope they can rise again.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I went to their ground over 50 years ago and watched them beat my home town team,Alfreton Town, in a cup match.I can't remember the exact score but think it was 2 - 0.Alfreton were in the Central Alliance then and Kettering a couple of levels higher-how the two teams fortunes have changed.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

It's always sad to see teams struggling financially.I feel for the fans and hope they come through their difficulties.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

What a shame for football, with all the money at the Top it puts me off football in the Premiership.

Completely agree. It always annoys me somewhat when people down here ask who I support, and I tell them Notts County. Their response is always whose your premiership team? Like you have to have one... SKY have brainwashed people into thinking that the premiership is football, and that it dosen't exist below there. As a result of that, the smaller clubs are suffering!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

Its sad news for the fans and the club, and its not good of sky sports to not even mention it, just mention the higher up news and not bother about the rest. Do they really think that there are only fans for the higher up teams.

Archived