• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Is anyone surprised by this?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Not really.Nothing less than instant improvement and success brings the sack ,especially in tthe  'promised land ' of the Premiership!Crazy  really .

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I said he wouldn't last 5 minutes, he's not even a really good manager. I'm sure someone on here might say he's okay, which is fair I suppose working in the lower leagues but he's not a Premier Manager!

Please Mr Trew - Never consider him as a Notts manager!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

He had to go. He confronted the Sunderland supporters on Saturday. They had just lost 3-0 away to WBA. He's not Premiership class and he's a bit nuts on top of that.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Should never have got the job in the first place. The only reason he got it was because the press constantly drool over him. What's he done? Won league 2 with by far and away the biggest budget in the league.

With Di Canio everything has to be about him - he wants the limelight. And his alter ego will never wash with the premadona footballers of the top flight these days.

I'd never want him here. I'd sooner have Gudjon Thordson back than have Di Canio!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

So who will be the next manager to go?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I'm at two minds over this.

He's over-the-top passion, controlling etc... but that can work with some teams, I guess it depends on the squad, he seemed to do well at Swindon.

However, Premier League footballers are a different kettle of fish. I think a lot of them are egotistical, self important, arrogant and self centered. This does not go well with a manager who likes to have a tight grip on his players. They don't take well to discipline, and they don't take well to people shouting at them. I think this is why you see after such a small number of games they've gone crying to the hierarchy, shunning any authority Di Canio had.

I think it's safe to say the Di Canio experiment has failed for Sunderland, but they never really gave it a chance. I don't think he's necessarily a bad manager, I think he needs the right club and the right squad. Sunderland were not that.

Would I like to see him at Notts? No. But I do want to see him managing another club.  

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

However, Premier League footballers are a different kettle of fish. I think a lot of them are egotistical, self important, arrogant and self centered.

Don't hold back Danny, what do you really think? :rollonfloorlaughing:

I have to say I agree with every word of that. :thumbsup:

Archived