Ratings vs Crawley

ARLukomski

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Schofield 4 - Not commanding enough and should have saved the goal. Scares me

Tootle 6 - Got up and down the right flank and put in a good cross for Notts' goal but was partly at fault for the equaliser when he let Nathaniel-George cut inside

Stubbs 6 - Dealt with Ollie Palmer well

Barclay 3 - Looked ok until a stupid challenge. Such an unnecessary red card. A tackle he didn't even need to make. All he had to do was run in to him, not attempt to break him in half

Bird 7 - Comfortable. Bought the ball out of defence and pressed

Milsom 5 - Steady

Doyle 4 - A bit ineffective again. Had a goalscoring opportunity but passed it back to O'Brien instead

O'Brien 6 - Ran about like normal and covered the yards. Almost scored with a Forestieri type strike against Norwich

Rose 6 - Kept going through the pain and battled hard to keep the Crawley centre mids quiet

Stead 6 - Some alright link up play in the first half. Had a good chance to score when O'Brien put a ball across in the first half only for the antique to stand still

Mackail-Smith 7 - Scored with a good header and constantly try to unsettle the Crawley defence. Don't know why he was subbed

Subs

Ward 7 - Came on and was comfortable as cheese at centre-back 

Boldewijn 5 - Tried to battle when he came on but difficult as he was the lone striker and we were down to ten

Ardley 3 - The 3-5-2 looked ok early doors. Second half we had to put another attacker on to play with Mackail-Smith but he didn't. Four at the back after Barclay had been sent off would have been fine. Should have taken a midfielder out and bought Enzio on to play with Craig, as Crawley's threat wasn't coming from the centre. Not brave enough with his subs

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

I agree on the most part. Would probably knock Stead down 1 or even 2, and bump Milsom up by 1. 

CMS was at fault for the goal scored by them. When you double up on a winger like that, one of you is covering if he goes down the wing, in this case Toots, and the other if he cuts inside, in this case CMS. It was a striker trying to defend, and it showed. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Schofield 4 - Not commanding enough and should have saved the goal. Scares me
Tootle 6 - Got up and down the right flank and put in a good cross for Notts' goal but was partly at fault for the equaliser when he let Nathaniel-George cut inside
Stubbs 6 - Dealt with Ollie Palmer well
Barclay 3 - Looked ok until a stupid challenge. Such an unnecessary red card. A tackle he didn't even need to make. All he had to do was run in to him, not attempt to break him in half
Bird 7 - Comfortable. Bought the ball out of defence and pressed
Milsom 5 - Steady
Doyle 4 - A bit ineffective again. Had a goalscoring opportunity but passed it back to O'Brien instead
O'Brien 6 - Ran about like normal and covered the yards. Almost scored with a Forestieri type strike against Norwich
Rose 6 - Kept going through the pain and battled hard to keep the Crawley centre mids quiet
Stead 6 - Some alright link up play in the first half. Had a good chance to score when O'Brien put a ball across in the first half only for the antique to stand still
Mackail-Smith 7 - Scored with a good header and constantly try to unsettle the Crawley defence. Don't know why he was subbed

Subs
Ward 7 - Came on and was comfortable as cheese at centre-back 
Boldewijn 5 - Tried to battle when he came on but difficult as he was the lone striker and we were down to ten

Ardley 3 - The 3-5-2 looked ok early doors. Second half we had to put another attacker on to play with Mackail-Smith but he didn't. Four at the back after Barclay had been sent off would have been fine. Should have taken a midfielder out and bought Enzio on to play with Craig, as Crawley's threat wasn't coming from the centre. Not brave enough with his subs

CMS was injured I think when he came off. Ice pack on his knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can't comment on the player ratings and appreciate you for taking the time to add them @ARLukomski.

7 hours ago, ARLukomski said:

should have saved the goal. Scares me

I think he was blind sighted mate, the defenders really should have done better.

Only Craig Mackail-Smith pressed the ball and tried to block it, those behind him barely moved and should take some of the fault for the goal.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

did ward look fit when he played? i dont get why he has not been starting and duffy was given a chance.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Didn’t see the match so can’t really can’t give my own marks but from the sounds of it @ARLukomski who did see the game has marked and scored them correctly.  

Archived