Dennis leaves for St Mirren

Piethagoram

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Big loss IMO. A straight forward 'fox in the box' type player. Loved watching him score goals.

He will be missed...if we play similar formation as last season with the old 4 4 2.

I didn't think we were looking at that formation until Abbot has come in today.

We will need a good striker to back up Wooton if he's playing as a lone target man. Enzio and Roberts either side of him? Surely we can't rely on Thomas as our second striker for the automatic push this season???

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I think it’s a shame he’s gone as he’s more important than people realise. Got some very big goals that helped us nick some draws which would’ve been losses and wins which would’ve been draws. While he isn’t particularly strong or quick, his movement in the box is great. And technique wise I think he’s solid, his passing and first touch is something that gets overlooked.

Stats wise he had the best goals per minute ratio in the league; scoring every 120 minutes, far lower than the likes of Quigley & Reid. Our best next player would be Roberts who averages a goal every 150 minutes, this is very promising and I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if he finished as out top scorer next season.

I get he was obviously a big earner, but it’ll be a massive challenge to get a replacement as deadly as him in my opinion. Oh, and Mitch Rose to join him?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Can't blame KD for wanting to move to a higher level. I'd jump at the chance to play Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen on a regular basis. He will be difficult to replace. 12 goals in 30 games isn't a bad return. Ideally we need to pick up a 20 goal a season striker but they are hard to come by. Inih Effiong would have been ideal but he signed for Stevenage. I'm sure NA has plenty of options lined up. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a great move for Kristian Dennis, any Notts fan should really be thankful and wish him well with his career.

Most players after being shipped out on loan from a relegation squad, would have asked to be transfer listed I imagine but instead he came back, he grafted as he always did for us and he got some very important goals. Do I see it as a loss to us? No, not really.

I think we could do with someone who is a bit more physical for this league, with more pace.

Wes Thomas has goals in him, and fits the bill quite well. So, ideally Notts would be looking to sign a younger version of him - with some of the qualities that Kyle Wootton has.

Don't get me wrong, I feel Notts might miss his goals as he scored some beauties but it's really the best for both parties in order to improve.

I always rated Dennis, so it's good to see him take a step up in terms of actual quality. Good luck to him!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,936
  • Days Won:  162

:( im gutted, best wishes to kd.

Archived