Best vs. Most Hardworking Player In Each Position

Very simple, who do you consider to be the best player from the following positions - plus who is the most hardworking.

Keeper:

Best - 
Most Hardworking -

Centre Back:

Best - 
Most Hardworking -

Wing Back:

Best - 
Most Hardworking -

Midfielder:

Best - 
Most Hardworking -

Winger

Best - 
Most Hardworking -

Striker

Best - 
Most Hardworking -

Perhaps, this will lead to an healthy discussion on the depth of the Notts squad. Along with some appreciation for players who do their utmost to represent the club. 

Keeper:

Best - Sam Slocombe
Most Hardworking - N/A

Centre Back:

Best - Alex Lacey
Most Hardworking - Connell Rawlinson

Wing Back:

Best - Richard Brindley
Most Hardworking - Dion Kelly-Evans

Midfielder:

Best - Unsure at this stage
Most Hardworking - Jim O'Brien

Winger

Best - Callum Roberts
Most Hardworking - N/A

Striker

Best - Kyle Wootton
Most Hardworking - Kyle Wootton

Keeper:

Best -  Sam Slocombe - by far lower League One level with a good defence in front of him.
Most Hardworking - Sam Slocombe - just watch him train before games, he's very focused.

Centre Back:

Best - Alex Lacey - no one better at the club right, he's part of the future.
Most Hardworking - Ben Turner - despite his flaws and, injuries.

Wing Back:

Best - Richard Brindley - a lot of drive and ability, just needs to be consistent on a regular basis.
Most Hardworking - Damien McCrory - vastly underrated IMO, he is very quick to get into good positions and works his socks off.

Midfielder:

Best - Casper Sloth - I genuinely believe he will be one of our key players this season.
Most Hardworking - Jim O'Brien - he's been given some stick but his work rate must be appreciated.

Winger

Best - Cal Roberts - very good player who is a cut above this level no doubt.
Most Hardworking - it's not Enzio for sure, I wished I could say it was but I think we don't have a winger who consistently works hard enough.

Striker

Best - Kyle Wootton - he's really found something special at Notts, it's refreshing to see a down to earth lad that works hard and is getting those goals we all want.
Most Hardworking - Wes Thomas - vastly underrated... His mind is to get forward, make an impact, support and give options. His pace is scary at times!

At this stage, and I hope I'm not forced to eat my words, there seems to be very few 'bone idles' in the squad. Obviously there's always question marks over Enzio and given previous reputation, Casper Sloth's work-rate is also questionable. However, beyond that, I can't think of anyone else. Some players will naturally have a big tank; you want the O'Briens and Reeves to be running about all day. While others, your Cal Roberts for example, you want to be sprinting here and there; explosive running. 

You see that no matter what the level, the best players are the ones that combine hard work and talent. If you look at the PL, the champions Liverpool, are relentless in their work rate. 2nd place Manchester City, massive demands on work rate. When you start to look further down the table, you will see teams with players that have a lot of one and very little of the other; for example Paul Pogba and Dele Alli. Other players will have massive work rate which will mostly cover for a lack of talent. This is the type of player we've mostly had in recent times; the Mark Fotheringhams and Carl Dickinsons of the world.

It is my strong belief that the players that are described as inconsistent are the ones that either lack talent or application. The above example, Paul Pogba, lacks no talent, but he is lazy. This is why he will go from being a 9 one game, to a 3 the next. The best players have talent that will propel them to the 9s one game, but have the work-rate that ensure that when the game isn't suiting them or they are having an off-day, will seldom drop below a 6. Carl Dickinson worked hard every game, regularly being a 6 but very rarely a standout player. However the lack of technical ability gave him away at times, meaning he'd be fairly often a 4 or 5. Mark Fotheringham masked his lack of talent by having high a high fitness level and to run a lot; however as the season progressed and other players had similar fitness levels, he was exposed as a headless chicken. 

Having said all of that, Notts also have a penchant for the crème de la crème of player. That is, the one so exceptionally lacking in talent and effort you are at a loss to explain how they are professional footballers, or indeed, professional anythings. You will find these exceptional creatures in every industry, bewildering others as to how they remain employed, despite their obvious ineptitude and laziness. Confusingly, these players often tend to hoodwink other clubs into paying them for their incompetence. 

Keeper:

Best -  slocombe - i think we are lucky we did not end up with mcdonnell as our number 1 and slocombe leaving
Most Hardworking - slocombe from what i have seen.

Centre Back:

Best - Alex Lacey - i agree lacey is thebest defender at the club
Most Hardworking - rawlinson is the most hard working for me

Wing Back:

Best - dke - just feel he needs to be played more often at this stage.
Most Hardworking - brindley - he does work hard from what i have seen.

Midfielder:

Best - rogregiez - he looks a class above what we have and any player in this league.
Most Hardworking - doyle - tries but its his legs, i still feel hes the most hard working tho

Winger

Best - roberts - fantastic player, hope hes not out for too long
Most Hardworking - na

Striker

Best - wootton - hes the player i think will get the most goals and is above the rest of our strike force
Most Hardworking - na