lee hughes

william1984

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

Well thats me not going any matches for a very long time as curle trew or that muppet rodwell is let lee hughes go port vale on loan looking like permanent deal tho

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm not exactly thrilled, I still feel Lee is fit enough to play every 2-3 games but I'm not going to let it get to me too much. He's 37, which would nice to see him finish his career here but I do and would wish to see him continuing playing so if that's with them making the most of his services I wish him well. He's someone we're unlikely to be able to replace, so it's a risk.

Just hope Curle knows what he's doing.

(That's even if this is true and not just a rumour)

Was true was on news and everything but it fell through thank god coz replacement was chris iwelumo so quality replaced with s**te rodwell needs 2 f**k o**

I read last night it had been on the news, though I had ITV on all day. (Kate's refusing to turn over, she might miss a TV advert) I didn't see anything about it but I'm happy it's fallen through. Now time to focus on getting 3 points tomorrow :D

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I'm glad hes staying, i'm sure most fans are. i don't think any fans would be happy if they let him go. Hes not able to play every match but it doesn't mean you sell him or loan him out when you get the chance.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

if he brings something to the team that is needed then any player in those brackets should be kept. strange that he scored two goals and is then being accepted for a loan deal but thats football

Coz keith curle is a well known bully why mansfield sacked him. his obviously got it in for lee and kristian pearce one of how best defenders sooner curle goes the better

• Content Count:  207

Regardless of age, some players are just natural and lee hughes is the type of player who will continue to score goals. At your level it would be a good thing to keep someone like him on the side so that he can help others to come through and play apart when needed which he can clearly do. He scored two goals for you which is more than some of your other players according to wikipedia.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

like you said steve, hes still scoring goals and its not like it was a one off... he still scores quite frequently.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  401

is there any more news on this? i keep hearing things about him wanting to leave as lee isnt getting the support he should from management etc

It all seems to be rumours Vicky, it's mentioned on the BBC and Evening Post sites that Curle acknowledges his illness and plans to address it but we really don't know. I actually wrote my thoughts on this earlier, which is found on the main site

I'll always say as he's a player he gets my support (our fans should too), same with Curle. They need to resolve whatever is going on like mature people and I very much hope he'll continue to be a player. I personally hold onto his time here fondly, which I'd like to see him end it here as a player who's impacted on our history. He's still useful to have around, so we will see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  53

Lee Hughes said post match at Shrewsbury that he wants to stay at Notts, he loves it here. But he also said that he is unhappy to just sit on the bench week in week out, he wants to be playing. He said that if he can get a run together of starts, he will get some more goals for Notts. He said that he loves the set up at Notts and also the he loves us, the fans. I think Keith Curle will start him more often now after Hughes has shown him that he can score goals, the two at Scunthorpe a great example. I hope he stays and enjoys the rest of his time at Notts! You Pies!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

He's definitely still got a lot to offer in my opinion, if he keeps himself fit he is our best goal scorer by far, not one of the present playing staff can score goals like Hughes. Lets hope KC gives him a decent run in the side, I know he won't necessarily start every match and I don't think he expects to but if we use him wisely he still has plenty of goals in him.

• Content Count:  207

The modern game seems to have this perception that once a player is nearing retirement that it automatically means that they are no longer good enough. I don't get this, some are just naturals. How many goals has he scored in the previous times he has played, 3? I'm by no means in a position to say what to be done but if I was, I wouldn't allow someone who still can score to leave in such an unwanted fashion.

Seems Lee Hughes forced Keith Curle's hand, though who knows.

• Content Count:  100

As far as i've noticed hes a good player who still scores goals, so theres no need to get rid of him just because hes getting older. I think managers should stick by players that have been there longer too as they are also very loyal (not that others arn't).

Archived