Notts v Stockport : The goal

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,799
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

A lot of praise for Brindley on social media for not giving up a seemingly lost cause, but that slide rule pass from Ruben :frantics:

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Good goal, I thought Jake Reeves did well to control the ball and find his feet to enable him to have a pop at goal.

It flies past those three Stockport players in the middle. 😁

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

Good movement from Notts, I thought the pitched would prevent the ball from gliding across it due to the conditions but it was not the case.

Ruben did well with the pass, a little heavy and Brindley used his pace and experience to get onto it.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i think notts moved the ball well several times but this was our lucky break, a lot of strength shown by brindley to win that dead ball. dont get me wrong, its a good attacking pass but i do agree it was over hit without much care to ensure we could get on to it. more of hope than anything else but brindley getting the ball to wootton, then him unselfishly giving it to reeves was a good movement.

always felt from that move we would score.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,799
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The build up to the goal...It's just like watching Juve

I've only just noticed the subtle shirt pull by Brindley

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

An excellent goal and a true indication of how we want to play. 

First, the press which forces Stockport back to their keeper, forcing him to clear. Rawlo wins it and we start the move.

We evade the press by working the space, passing to players in space and then a chip ball into Wootton. No long hoof clearance, a chip ball. The two ways to beat the press done successfully.

Then the neat link up play and players taking risks in the final third. Getting forward to support the attack (Brindley, Reeves, JOB). Six players in their half when we were moving towards goal (Brindley, Reeves, JOB, Wootton, Rodri and Enzio). 

That's Ardleyball and that's how it should be

Archived