Magpies Swoop For David Bell

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Notts have signed David Bell today, he's a creative midfielder who started off in the lower leagues to end up playing much higher. I know a little about from his time with the Foxes and Coventry, hope we judge him on the pitch though.

Notts County Football Club is delighted to announce the recruitment of creative wideman David Bell.

This follows the mutual termination of his contract with former club Coventry City, where the midfielder has spent the past three-and-a-half years, after signing for an undisclosed fee from Norwich City. 

During that time, Bell made 98 appearances in a Sky Blues jersey and scored six goals, including a halfway line strike against Doncaster Rovers that won the 2008.09 Goal of the Season. 

The 29-year-old incidentally played his last game for Coventry against Notts in an entertaining 2-2 draw at Meadow Lane on the final day of the 2012.13 campaign. 

On that day, Bell was a constant threat to the Magpies’ backline and hit the post with an effort in front of the Family Stand. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Another piece of the jigsaw, I've not heard of this player but it sounds like he's experienced.

Now your chance Tony, I've taken the time to write about his career which you can read here.

Supposedly with City reported to have paid £500,000 for his services, a couple of Norwich Fans I speak with on a general football forum claim they paid a little more than that. You can never really judge a player by how much a teams willing to part, although a player rumoured to be over the £1m mark cannot be a bad thing even if he is injury prone or never quite reached his expectations.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

good read joe, david bell is a good signing and he should fit in well. we needed a winger!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Notts County today announced the signing of Creative Wideman David Bell. The 29 year old had his contract at Coventry City terminated at the end of last season after 3 and a half years with the Sky Blues for whom he signed for for an undisclosed fee from Norwich City.

He made 98 appearances for Coventry scoring six goals - including one from the halfway line against Doncastwe which won the clubs goal of the season award for the 2008-09 season. He's also known as someone who creates plenty of goals for others.

He played his last game for Coventry against Notts at Meadow Lane on the final day of last season. He was a constant threat in both games against Notts last season - rattling the woodwork at Meadow Lane.

The Irishman has made a total of 353 career apparances in which he's scored 24 goals  since 2000 while representing Rushden & Diamonds, Luton Town and Leicester City.

He sounds like an excellent signing for the club. He's experienced and certainly appears to be an exceptional player.

Welcome to Notts County David Bell :)

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

How does that work? I could have sworn I started a thread on this but the post has somehow ended up in here :s

I'm just trying to confuse you buddy - I merged the two topics ;)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

He could very well turn out to be an excellent signing,only time will tell.A positive move by CK.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Coventry fans are saying he's always injured and seem happy to let him go. Lets hope Notts breathe new life in to him lol!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Yes,it is a bit worrying injury wise but fingers crossed he'll come god for Notts.Welcome to  Notts, David

Coventry fans are saying he's always injured and seem happy to let him go. Lets hope Notts breathe new life in to him lol!

I think he was a little unlucky that he became injured a couple of times, he didn't seem to knock it off but he played 94 games in four years. 94 games for an injury prone player sounds pretty good, it makes you wonder if they risked him at times. I think the City fans who saying he's crap are just annoyed and the usual sort, as none have called him that I have seen.

@MuddyPatchPie He can breathe that Meadow Lane air and be fit as a fiddle in no time!

Mind you - a few weeks back we passed and it smelt like a farm. LOL

Archived