Notts Mentioned In Panto (Oh Yes The Were)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

My daughter in law took grandson George to watch Jack and the bean stalk just before Christmas and there was a scene where Jack had to get some pies out of the fridge but couldn't find them so he said being The Pies they must be on the bottom (an obvious reference to Notts), my daughter in law immediately shouted "You Pies" at the top of her voice thinking there might be some Notts fans in the audience who would do the same. Unfortunately much to her embarrassment all she got were some strange looks from the people around her who obviously didn't get the joke.

Needless to say she sat down a bit sheepish and felt a bit of a fool but full marks to her for trying. :biggrin:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

:doh: Classic.

It is a shame nobody else joined in the rallying cry. There were probably a few dads in the audience who would have loved to, were it not for the disapproving glare from the missus.

Good on her.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Happens every year at the Panto at the playhouse. The jokes I mean.

As a teacher, we take the school there every year and it is a cast iron guarantee that they will make some joke about Notts. Even during the Championship year they made a munto joke!

This year they also made a crack after the pies at the bottom of freezer, saying that the freezer was very empty. A bit like Meadow Lane on a saturday!

All this from a bloke who makes his living out of dressing up as a women!!!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Haha!! How did I miss this?

You know I've done the same in similar situations - A few years ago Jake was doing a play (not that I'd call it a play), He had a line where he had to offer food to people - I shouted 'You Pies' when he offered a certain type. After school he moaned at me for letting everyone know he supported Notts, it's good though because now he isn't bothered. Kids don't seem to get at him like they used to :)

Brilliant story! :D

Supporter+

Haha!! How did I miss this?

You know I've done the same in similar situations - A few years ago Jake was doing a play (not that I'd call it a play), He had a line where he had to offer food to people - I shouted 'You Pies' when he offered a certain type. After school he moaned at me for letting everyone know he supported Notts, it's good though because now he isn't bothered. Kids don't seem to get at him like they used to :)

Brilliant story! :D

Ahh bless him, fancy embarrassing him like that Joe. It's hard for kids who are Notts supporters when the majority of kids will support more fashionable teams so good old Jake for sticking with Notts. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

When I collected Jake from school one Friday during the summer, he told me that he'd been teased about being a Notts fan.I told him he'd better not tell his class mates that his grandad is a Rams fan.He turned to me and said  he didn't care- 'cos  both teams are miles better than them....er,er,er..He then said he would get into trouble if he actually  said the word.I was very proud of him at that moment. :thumbsup:

I'm sure George will be exactly the same, you never know - He might be lucky and have some follow magpies around him at school. I don't know how likely it is but anything's better than being surrounded by florist fans.

Supporter+

George made me laugh when he told me he didn't know what he would do when Notts play England because he supports both.

At 5 years old he doesn't quite understand that it won't happen.

Hehe, aww.

I hope you told him 'local' is the way, I.E Notts.

England 1 Notts County 3

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

My daughter in law took grandson George to watch Jack and the bean stalk just before Christmas and there was a scene where Jack had to get some pies out of the fridge but couldn't find them so he said being The Pies they must be on the bottom (an obvious reference to Notts), my daughter in law immediately shouted "You Pies" at the top of her voice thinking there might be some Notts fans in the audience who would do the same. Unfortunately much to her embarrassment all she got were some strange looks from the people around her who obviously didn't get the joke.

Needless to say she sat down a bit sheepish and felt a bit of a fool but full marks to her for trying. :biggrin:

this is funny! lol i bet schools get this sort of thing all the time, i worry about some of our fans! i would never do this, i think.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

When i was at school i wasn't really into football, all the kids that were into it were mainly florest fans, with the odd derby fan. I'd never heard of Notts county back then. I did live in between Nottingham and Derby though.

Archived