Michael Schumacher

Northants Pie

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I know opinion varies in this country on Michael Schumacher, personally I really like the person & the driver, for me he turned what was a sport going nowhere into the multi bilion dollar industry it is, but at this most terrible of times for both his family and the man himself a selfish and disgusting reporter attempts to gain access to his intensive care bed 

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/dec/31/michael-schumacher-journalist-priest-intrusion

It is about time journalists the world over acted like proper human beings and the worlds governments should bring in laws & severe punishments to stop this behaviour ever being dreamed up.

They should name & shame the company and the person and turn a blind eye to whatever retribution they all suffer. How low can someone get? Imagine if this was your family member...

rant over

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

this just seems very sad, i dont know much about him but anyone really i would hope would be okay.

seems the journalists have no values these days, just all want success and big stories. they should leave the medical staff alone!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

One can only assume, the "journo" (using the term loosely, rather than say sick mother), works for some tabloid or another. Cannot see a broadsheet stooping this low.

Name and shame, and lets have a flogging... oh hang on flogging you say, IT WAS ME, now where is that whip.

oh and I forgot to add, it must be a female on the other end of the whip.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

I agree, name and shame whoever is involved. This is a sad tragedy, deserving a lot more respect.  

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A friend told me while I was travelling to Crawley, I didn't like him as a sports personality. I always found him to be very arrogant but gifted, regardless of this he shouldn't be treated like this. He deserves to have the best care possible, whilst his medical team aren't bothered. I doubt anyone will be named or shamed, though I would welcome it.

Very annoying how some people can be extremely disrespectful in moments like this.

Hopefully he pulls through and shows signs of improvements.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

A human being is fighting for their life how can you possibly get lower than this?? We as a race have got to get away from the "it's not my fault it's because someone fed my dog a biscuit when i was at the park & I didn't like it so it's there fault" crap, how is anyone ever going to learn unless the punishment is harsh enough to make them worry about the repercussions (ie who's gonna be holding the soap & who's bent over holding the nail clippers) before they carry out whatever crime they choose to.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

In my younger years I was massively into Formula 1 (still got every season on VHS from 1991-2007) and Michael Schumacher was my hero, truth be told I only started losing interest in the sport when he retired. He brought something different to the sport, which was exacly what F1 neededafter Ayrton Senna's untimely and tragic death in 1994.

Doctors said today that Schuey is showing "surprising signs of improvement". To anybody that saw him race thats no surprise at all, if anybody can pull through this he can. Come on Michael.

Thoughts are with his family at this time, especially at this time of year.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Why is the Michael Schumacher story attaining the kind of importance on the news agenda recently accorded to Nelson Mandela?

People are daily murdered in Syria, the Congo, yet our focus is forced onto a former 'sports' star who is of no significance other than to his family and those who love him. In the scheme of things, a star of yesteryear really doesn't merit this kind of importance.

As for the sneaky journo...a society gets the newspapers it deserves. These are the kind of stories many long to read. The end justifies the means in the eyes of big fat newspaper entrepreneurs.

No one ever got poor from underestimating the public's intelligence!

Archived