Worst Ref To Oversee A Notts Game This Season

Chris

In over 40 years of watching Notts I can't remember a ref worse than Breakspear. Even as a Notts fan it was so obvious that our late penalty was a "gift" to make up for his earlier mistakes. Amazing that he spotted two penalties that no-one else in the ground saw....but he missed that dreadful foul on Liddle. Is it true that this was his first league match as a ref? If so - then hopefully his last as well!

Yeah deffo Cunningham should have walked for that foul on Lidds. Notts players been sent off for doing less! Hope too, he never gets to referee another game. In years gone by back in the 70's maybe, had a to do with George Courtenay (if anyone remembers him) we were standing on the Kop calling him a cheat, and he blew his whistle at us, if he could have got over the fence and booked us, I'm sure he would have done. Lol.

In over 40 years of watching Notts I can't remember a ref worse than Breakspear. Even as a Notts fan it was so obvious that our late penalty was a "gift" to make up for his earlier mistakes. Amazing that he spotted two penalties that no-one else in the ground saw....but he missed that dreadful foul on Liddle. Is it true that this was his first league match as a ref? If so - then hopefully his last as well!

I agree he was the worst in a long time. it was his first 3rd Division game, not his first league game

Supporter+

I agree the ref for Bristol City was diabolical, it was laughable how he gave us the late penalty to even things up for his previous clanger and as for the tackle on Liddle it beggars belief that he didn't even book the player. Incredible ineptitude of the highest order. He should never be allowed near a football match again.

The ref v Bristol City was up there with the worst referees I've ever had the misfortune to see.

Archived