Joel Taylor departs Meadow Lane

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It makes a lot of sense, he's not being played and rather than collect the wages he wants to play. Fair play to him!

I know some will say, he should stay and fight for his place, but Joel Taylor wouldn't get a game unless Adam Chicksen becomes injured.We can cover Taylor's departure and, hopefully we can bring in someone for next season that can play elsewhere, not just on the left of defence.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I actually like Geraldo Bajrami as a centre back or, as a DM.

We could probably make do with him, unless Kyle Cameron is out for a while and at this stage in the season I think we can honestly make do. I would welcome another striker to come in, but it would make more sense to look at loan options unless we can bring in someone of more long term quality.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

i hope fans remember that he did well for us, its just that adam chicksen secured the position.

taylor always gave 100% and whilst i think its sad to see him go, at the same time it makes sense. i dont think we need to worry about the left hand side, if the club has concerns i am sure they will bring someone in when ready. i think the priority is to ensure we still have fire power up front.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

As far as I know, we paid a fee to bring Joel Taylor to the club. Although I think the move could have been much more successful, I do understand why the decision was made and why Taylor struggled to establish himself after his initial injury. He always performed reliably and was faultless in his approach, but unfortunately, the situation was beyond his control. I believe there are some important lessons to be learned from this experience, particularly in terms of reconsidering spending money on players in certain positions if the club already has good players. Looking back, regardless of the fee, it seems like a waste of money. While I recognise that it's easy for me to say this, I think that at our level, the money could have been spent more wisely.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

bit of a weird club to join, i thought he would want to leave for a club more likely to push for promotion. i think his spell at dagenham may have caused issues to his stock value though.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

I think Joel Taylor played well, but since he wants to leave, it's not a good idea to keep him. However, his departure will leave Notts a bit weak in defence. It's important to focus on getting promoted, so it's better to let him go and keep an eye on our goal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

If Notts intends to sign players today, it's crucial to prioritize a defender capable of playing both as a wing-back and in the center, along with a possible addition of another striker. Anything beyond this would be unnecessary, as it would help to mitigate the impact of Joel Taylor's departure.