Penalty save : Altrincham v Notts

Piethagoram

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

It's a good save, but a very nice height for him. As soon as he guessed right he was always going to save it, and it helps being around 6ft 5!

I've been impressed with him, did not see him against Maidstone but he looks pretty good from what I have seen. You can't ask for anymore than keeping two clean sheets on your league debut and full debut.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  6

Some turnaround for him! He was shocking against Maidstone (although still looked better than that lad from Leicester who seemed to me to be an outfield player with gloves on).

And to think, he's saved more penalties in 3 games than Slocombe has in 3 years! A 119th minute play off sub, maybe?!

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

it is a good save, but the only good thing about the penalty from the takers point of view was the power in which he hit it with. striking the ball into that area should favour any keeper all day but mair still had to get his hands onto it and i am trying to point out its more about their player than mair.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

That was an outstanding save, and it's worth noting that the goalkeeper demonstrated an impressive level of concentration. He didn't allow the pressure of the situation to get to him, which can be quite challenging, especially when facing a penalty. Despite the potential for nerves to set in, he remained composed and confident, which is a testament to his mental toughness. Ultimately, a goalkeeper can only do their job and save what is put in front of them, and he did exactly that. It was an impressive display of skill and professionalism.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

The penalty save was pretty impressive, it definitely changed the game's momentum. If Mair hadn't made the save, who knows what would've happened. He really stepped up when it mattered and proved his worth.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

8vrgfll.png

It's a very poor penalty, their player didn't seem to strike the ball with much confidence.

Perhaps, Mair put him off?

It's possible, but I still think it's a good save because of the quick reaction. He could've easily got it wrong.