Where to strengthen, who to sign?...thoughts

Piethagoram

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

We are going to need a deep squad next season. League 2 is a physically tough league and players are going to miss games through injury. I'd like to get Archie Mair on loan again and give him the number 1 jersey. Norwich won't sell him is my feeling. Other than that, it's wait and see in terms of who stays and who leaves. Jeff King is someone I'd like to see at Meadow Lane. He's perfect for the type of game County play. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I think we definitely need some real competition for Slocombe (assuming he stays), in his four year spell here only Patterson was better. Is Mair the man to do this? Maybe, but the fact he's been here for months and only played due to Sam's injury makes me think maybe not. I like Ashmore from Boreham Wood, but you just know a key attribute for a keeper we sign will be their ability to play out from the back, something Boreham Wood don't really do.

Another defender, someone who can challenge Baldwin as I think he is susceptible to the wear and tear injuries of high game time. No-one else in the squad can really do what he does.

LWB, Chicksen also needs some competition. Jack Bridge? We made a bid for him in January.

A midfielder, and another attacker too, ideally Jodi Jones! I like Sbarra too, but if Ruben stays and we have Austin I think that's a bit overkill for that position. I liked Akinola who Chesterfield have on loan, thought he did well against us but didn't start too many times for them.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We need a centre back with pace, hopefully someone who can play as the left wing back too.

Up top, we could do with another option, counting on three forwards would be a bit risky in League Two - especially with all the cup games that will be there. I strongly believe that acquiring Jodi Jones would provide excellent cover in the forward position. He can either side of the flank and can play behind the strikers.

I think we need another midfielder, especially if Jim O'Brien retires. I hope he doesn't, as I have a lot of respect for him, and feel it would befit to see his career come full circle at Notts' he's been a very loyal player for Notts. Also, if Ed Francis leaves, it would need to see strength. In my opinion, Frank Vincent is likely to stick around.

I would like to see a couple of youth team players be added for depth, which is a reason we plan to include them if we needed to call upon them.

At the most, Notts only needs to sign 5 players, at least 3. As I say, now is the time to excel our youth team players and give faith to them. If they're not good enough, the club should stop offering pro deals as it's just a waste of time. If there's a general belief that they can come good, then I am fine with it. In fact, I want to see youth players getting more than a handful of games otherwise they won't progress with us. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

it really depends on who stays and who leaves due to their contract expiring. if ruben rodrigues stays, then i agree with @Chris. if he goes then i think that position needs strengthening but i would give sam austin the chance to start there more often.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The way I see it, Notts will indeed need a good depth and cover to ensure success this season. Bringing in a young striker could serve as an excellent backup option, allowing them to gain experience and feature more prominently in cup games. Additionally, signing one or two central midfielders, a centre-back aged between 20-24, and a high-quality left wing-back would benefit not only the team's balance but also help bring out the best in Adam Chickens.