Pinchbeck United 3 Notts County Reserves 2

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

its a bit missleading spalding today to use notts xi when its youth. do we actually have a reserve team now @Piethagoram? i thought we did not. if it was our reserves i would have thought some of the fringe players of the first team would be getting minutes.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Good for them. I think it’s laughable due to the report, but I do understand that it’s a good result for Pinchbeck United.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

It was officially described as Notts County "B" team

Will this be because of the financial implications that a reserve team has and the commitments? This is my guess, but either way it's good to see. The team that was defeated appears to consist mostly of young players. I hope it proves to be a good run out for them. Losing will tell them more, so they can work on it and improve in time.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Many years ago when Notts had a proper reserve team that played in a league it was great to go and watch some of the fringe players, players coming back from injury, youth players, players out of favour etc., if I remember right the games were free to watch or very cheap. Happy days.

Sorry for the digression.

• Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I used to sponsor the reserve and youth teams many years ago and was disappointed when they were scrapped by the Trews. Competitively, there is no substitute for being in an actual competitive league. The reserve team, being mixed with fringe players, can help younger upcoming prospects. However, with the state of the game, many lower clubs are opting not to field a team in a league and instead are choosing to play friendlies and behind-closed-doors games. I used to watch the youth team quite frequently as well.