Weekend Plans Friday 11th - Sunday 13th August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, looks like being a decent day. What are you all up to this weekend?

Today I’ve got to complete an online refresher course for my volunteering role. Hopefully that won’t take long then I’ll have a walk with Mrs. T, we might even end up at the pub if we feel really naughty.

Tomorrow it’s park run day in the morning then the match in the afternoon which I’m really looking forward to grandson @George L is on holiday so I’m going on my own, hopefully first win of the season.

Sunday we haven’t got anything planned so I’ll update later.

What about you? Let us know how you’re spending your weekend,

• Like 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Today I'm taking advantage of the weather and doing more tidying up of the neglected garden.Tomorrow is match day and listening to Radio Derby.No other plans atm..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I was hoping to go camping in Edale this weekend... but my youngest has made plans with friends all week, so that has gone by the by. It's Folk Week here in Broadstairs, so I may get a couple of gigs in instead... or I'll clear the loft!!

I'll be keeping up to date with the game via various websites and message boards!

Edited by Ohh Tommy Johnson
  • Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Haircut in the morning, then off to watch Notts. Sunday is a house tidy and packing for holiday day, so not a lot of time for anything else.

• Like 3

Supporter+
47 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

Haircut in the morning, then off to watch Notts. Sunday is a house tidy and packing for holiday day, so not a lot of time for anything else.

Where are you off to @Fozzy ? Make us all jealous.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Where are you off to @Fozzy ? Make us all jealous.

Hope the weather stays fine for you wherever you're off to @Fozzy and keep  us nosy lot up to date with what you're up to, if you have time.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

tomorrow i will be off to watch notts, i plan to have something to eat after some on the way home i will probably have a takeaway. maybe indian.

sunday i have no plans at all so far.

• Like 2

Off on a cruise around the Western Med @Fan of Big Tone. Fly to Palma, then off to Barcelona, Corsica, Rome, Pompeii and Sicily. Can’t wait but just want nice calm seas.

• Like 2

Supporter+
12 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

Off on a cruise around the Western Med @Fan of Big Tone. Fly to Palma, then off to Barcelona, Corsica, Rome, Pompeii and Sicily. Can’t wait but just want nice calm seas.

Oh brilliant now I am really jealous @Fozzy we love cruising, we had a Greek Isles cruise booked for this September but we had to move it to next year after Mrs. T had health problems, hopefully she’ll be sorted by then.

Enjoy the cruise, I know you will. :clapping:

• Like 3

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

We went for a walk around Wollaton park on friday afternoon and went to the pub for a drink after, It was a good day out. Today the boys are going to football and i fetched meds from the chemist. I don't have anything else planned for this weekend but i do need to get the usual housework done over the weekend.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yes, Friday we had a family trip to Wollaton Park, and it was really nice to unwind.

I really needed that bit of time together, but it was also nice to go back to Wollaton. Despite the heat, it was really lovely, and the breeze took much of the heat off. We caught the bus there, but walked all the way back home.

Today I went to see Notts, a school friend gave us a lift there and back.

I didn't feel all that well, my head was hurting, and I felt kinda sick (the feeling of, but not the urge to be). I almost questioned why I bothered when they scored the first goal. Simply because of how rough I felt. It was a good game though, plus I enjoyed seeing everyone I know. It was good to see familiar faces even if I didn't feel great.

Tomorrow, regardless, I will be going to see @super_ram for a bit because I want to catch up.

• Like 2

Thanks @Fan of Big Tone, we most certainly will enjoy it! Hope you get to yours as well next year, it’s an amazing experience. We’ve already booked for next year. 🛳️

• Like 2

Supporter+

I felt very lethargic today so we didn’t do much, we had our usual little local walk, then I did a bit more of my jigsaw which has a lot of sky and a lot of sea so it’s particularly hard.

At tea time watched Match of the Day from last night and later we watched another couple of episodes of the Spy Amongst Friends series about Kim Philby who defected to Russia in the 60s.

On 11/08/2023 at 13:10, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

I was hoping to go camping in Edale this weekend... but my youngest has made plans with friends all week, so that has gone by the by. It's Folk Week here in Broadstairs, so I may get a couple of gigs in instead... or I'll clear the loft!!

I'll be keeping up to date with the game via various websites and message boards!

Did you get to any gigs @Ohh Tommy Johnson?I used to go to Ripley folk club in the  late 60's to early 80's and camping in same era.

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

On 29/08/2023 at 12:48, super_ram said:

Did you get to any gigs @Ohh Tommy Johnson?I used to go to Ripley folk club in the  late 60's to early 80's and camping in same era.

We got to see The Home Service who were very good, albeit they were missing John Tams. They had a replacement in but it was the first time he had played with the band, not that it was obvious except they seemed slightly out of tune (figuratively speaking) with each other , They hadn't even rehearsed all together!  and you could only be impressed with their musicianship.  

My daughter is now stuck in Italy since her flight was cancelled.  EasyJet just spent the last couple of days lying about having booked them on another flight, before finally admitting they hadn't done it.  Now one of her friends parents is driving down to Basel to meet them!  So, after 2 weeks holiday, I need a break!