Player ratings v Accrington

Elite_pie

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Stone 7 - dropped a basic cross early and nearly gifted a goal, but some really good saves otherwise.
Rawlinson 6 - usual solid game.
Brindley 7 - continued his good form in the centre of a back 3, did ok when we went to a back 4.
Cameron 7 - defended well and some good forward moments.
Nemane 6 - a bit mixed, his defensive work was as good as the attacking side.
Palmer 6.5 - more misplaced passes than usual, but a great ball for the third.
Bostock 6.5 - got better as the game progressed, worked hard all over the pitch.
Jones 6 - apart from the opening goal, his crossing was lacking today.
Crowley 6.5 - did well to beat bigger defenders for his goal, but a bit mixed otherwise.
McGoldrick 7 - his class shone through at times, always posed a threat.
Langstaff 7.5*- a quiet first half and after the early second half misses I thought it wasn't going to be his day, but he stuck at at and got his rewards. The first was individual brilliance, back to goal on the 18 yard box and nothing on, but a quick turn and sublime finish. Second goal was classy, dinking the ball over the onrushing keeper.

Baldwin 6 - did what he had to do.
Chicksen 6 - played into trouble with a couple of poor passes, but competed well.
TAR 6 - offered an outlet for the long balls on the right.
Austin 6 - not overly involved, but did ok.

We were below our best but I think we played a good team. Accy were fast and physical without being dirty, and offered a good test. It was touch and go but we came out with 3 points. That opening day nightmare at Sutton seems a long time ago!

• Like 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

As usual @Elite_pieis always good with his ratings

I would reduce Chicksen to a 5 for those mistakes. My frustrations are when he has space to take the ball further up but needlessly checks inside.

I would also reduce Cameron to a 6. Just check his positioning from the highlights video for Accrington's goal?

Accrington exposed our defensive shortcomings with another goal conceded from a set play. Had we been able to sign that 6ft 5 Drogheda defender, I would have been extremely confident now of our ability to go straight up again

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@Piethagoram can I ask how you managed to embed tweets, mine used to embed but stopped doing it.

Apologies for off topic post.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Fan of Big Tone Most of the time, it works automatically...but sometimes it doesn't... For example, if I copy and paste a link..sometimes it doesn't embed

Off topic again, how does one get the "quote"  like "Proud to be,,,, " on to one's profile?

• Like 1

Supporter+
31 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Off topic again, how does one get the "quote"  like "Proud to be,,,, " on to one's profile?

@Piethagoram click on your picture, go to settings in your account, then signature, type in what you want.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

10 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Piethagoram can I ask how you managed to embed tweets, mine used to embed but stopped doing it.

Apologies for off topic post.

any links which have x.com wont embed. you need urls with twitter.com in it. as i said, pon does not recognise the switch in urls. you are not doing anything wrong, i think iphone is the first to be almost completely x.com, android is less forced to upgrade and if you use twitter.com on a browser that will still work.

i would give palmer and bostock a rating of 7 each. bostock did a lot of defensive work and contributed going forward. palmer, was as consistent as anyone and had a lot of time on the ball where he gave it to the right areas.

• Like 3

Supporter+
1 hour ago, liampie said:

any links which have x.com wont embed. you need urls with twitter.com in it. as i said, pon does not recognise the switch in urls. you are not doing anything wrong, i think iphone is the first to be almost completely x.com, android is less forced to upgrade and if you use twitter.com on a browser that will still work.

i would give palmer and bostock a rating of 7 each. bostock did a lot of defensive work and contributed going forward. palmer, was as consistent as anyone and had a lot of time on the ball where he gave it to the right areas.

Thanks @liampie that will explain it as I use iPhone and iPad.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

12 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Piethagoram click on your picture, go to settings in your account, then signature, type in what you want.

Thanks Tone, just changed mine to a slogan I saw on a t-shirt!

• Haha 2

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@Piethagoram @Elite_pie i love your new signatures.

jimmys quote🖤🤍 and the witty granddaughter comment. 😁

Edited by liampie
  • Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

Stone 7 - generally quite good, some errors but none of which proved costly. he made up with it with a great save with his legs.
Rawlinson 6.5 - played well until he went off, a few moments where he lost his man but he made up for it.
Brindley 7 - solid player in the centre of the three, much calmer and does everything needed.
Cameron 6.5 - did well but he tended to hang onto the ball for longer than needed and in those defensive areas it seemed neglectful. 
Nemane 6 - being kicked and targeted does not help but he did just fine.
Palmer 7 - superb throughout, calm and composed. Eager to get the ball forward.
Bostock 7.5 - brilliant second best player on the pitch.
Jones 6 - he did well, gave a lot of energy but became frustrated with being targeted with challenges.
Crowley 6 - Good first half, neat at times in the second but not his best performance by far. 
McGoldrick 6.5 - he struggled at times, but he did some very neat passes and worked hard.
Langstaff 8* - scored his second despite being clattered twice, i was surprised he did not go off. he just looked fired up, chased every ball. The true Man of the Match.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I agree again with @Elite_pie; it’s hard to rate the players when we are performing well, as the ability to score them differently becomes lower, and that’s why more people will be inclined to agree. I do think John Bostock played a vital role in midfield.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I didn't think David McGoldrick had the best of games by his standard; he did some good stuff but in the first half he seemed to struggle. In the second half, I felt similar, but he did have spells where he made important challenges, with times of neat passing.

I think even 6.5 is quite generous for him. I'd probably settle for a 6.

He didn't play any better than Jones.