It’s the big one

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The match we’ve been waiting for since our return to the league, a sell out crowd, Notts top, Mansfield unbeaten, what a match it promises to be, I just hope the players don’t get hyped up by the atmosphere and make any silly mistakes. I also hope the fans on both sides behave themselves and we have an enjoyable match that’s safe for everyone. I’ll be going with grandson @George L we are both really looking forward to it.

COME ON YOU PIES!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck  @Fan of Big Tone@George L and all you Notts fans.I'm hoping to watch on Sky and will be cheering you on.I also hope Didsy gets at at least one goal.

Come on you Pies and really give PoN something to celebrate when we return.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Just arrived at the embankment to park it’s already busy.

• Like 2

I'm looking for faces I know,so give me a wave,please.Whereabouts are you sitting  @Fan of Big Tone ?

• Like 2

Supporter+

We were sat in the high up Pavis Stand near the kop.

• Like 2

Supporter+

What an absolute disaster that game was for Notts. After a flying start with a goal from Crowley in the first few minutes I was full of optimism but it didn’t last, apart from a brief spark just before half time it was all Mansfield, they pressed superbly well and we couldn’t get into the game. Once again set plays we’re our downfall, I think Cameron was a big miss in defence and it didn’t help when Bostock went off injured. I don’t blame Slocombe for any of the goals but thought his distribution could have been better.

Mansfield thoroughly deserved their win and we need to improve drastically for the Gillingham and Wrexham games.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  8

Shows we have a long way to go, but we're still up there.

On another note what happened to the site?, Been down for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Supporter+
18 minutes ago, DonnyNotts said:

On another note what happened to the site?, Been down for a long time.

@DonnyNotts a cyber attack, explained here 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

It was really disappointing wasn't it? I haven't seen us get outclassed in a long time. Just our luck for it to be against them.

We started brightly, got the quick goal and then handed the initiative to them. Mansfield pressed us hard and played high up the field to put our defence under pressure. That's a risky tactic against us when we're on song as that leaves gaps behind, and we're only a couple of good passes away from a good goalscoring opportunity. But yesterday we showed the opposition too much respect and just dropped deeper and deeper. Much of the possession we had was between the back line, which was an accident waiting to happen. Mansfield were better and braver and deserved to win.

Having to change the back line before a game like that is less than ideal. Slocombe couldn't do anything about the goals, but his distribution was poor.

The visitors were excellent, but until the second goal (which was a gift) they'd created few genuine goalscoring chances. You can see why they draw games they deserve to win, and without Bostock's unnecessary belly flop and that free header it could have been another frustrating afternoon for them. But of course they absolutely murdered us after that and we really can't complain. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

It was really disappointing wasn't it? I haven't seen us get outclassed in a long time. Just our luck for it to be against them.

We started brightly, got the quick goal and then handed the initiative to them. Mansfield pressed us hard and played high up the field to put our defence under pressure. That's a risky tactic against us when we're on song as that leaves gaps behind, and we're only a couple of good passes away from a good goalscoring opportunity. But yesterday we showed the opposition too much respect and just dropped deeper and deeper. Much of the possession we had was between the back line, which was an accident waiting to happen. Mansfield were better and braver and deserved to win.

Having to change the back line before a game like that is less than ideal. Slocombe couldn't do anything about the goals, but his distribution was poor.

The visitors were excellent, but until the second goal (which was a gift) they'd created few genuine goalscoring chances. You can see why they draw games they deserve to win, and without Bostock's unnecessary belly flop and that free header it could have been another frustrating afternoon for them. But of course they absolutely murdered us after that and we really can't complain. 

That is an excellent summary  @DangerousSausage.Mansfield had a plan and Notts didn't work out a solution but not helped by circumstances.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I felt really up for the game, but the moment the Mansfield fans started to fill the Jimmy Sirrel stand - I knew they would out sing us.

This was something I mentioned during my travels taking fan pictures, nobody agreed, and I think some didn't like that I thought it - which is fair enough. Yet I did have that feeling that it would happen, and I think that helped Mansfield. The KOP wasn't at its best, for obvious reasons, but you would have to feel if we gave just as much as Mansfield it would have helped our lads.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Yes I agree they completely out-sung us but I think away fans very often are more vocal than home fans because they have a sort of camaraderie with each other and obviously want to make as much noise as they can because they away fans are usually outnumbered.

George my grandson mentioned the kop weren’t as loud as they were last time he attended, it’s hard to sing when you’re losing 2-1, 3-1, 4-1.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i felt very disappointed after such a bright start, its like notts suddenly stopped playing and had never kicked a football at times. the contrast in the play was shocking. mansfield deserve credit for being the better team on the day, had we cause more problems it could have been difficult but when you give the ball away so cheaply you will lose.

i think the kop normally does well. against a full jimmy sirrel stand it can be hard tho.

• Like 1