Luke Williams : Notts v Crawley

Piethagoram

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Once David McGoldrick put us level, we did settle into the game. I feel sorry for Sam Slocombe, he took no end of nonsense and very aggressive personal abuse from one individual near me.

He's clearly not a keeper who is used to having the ball at his feet and, playing in such a way that naturally will give him a lot of pressure at times.

I try not to make excuses, but some of our fans really don't appreciate him for what he does do well. Was it the right decision to remove him? I don't think bringing Aidan Stone made much difference. At times, Slocombe is his own worst enemy and does make mistakes, but it's not through a lack of effort. The same could be applied to Stone. I would imagine even Brooks if he were to get a chance, I mean when he filled in for us last season. I've been hearing some utter nonsense spoken about him. I'm getting pretty sick of it, because keepers have the hardest job on the pitch.

Once we started moving the ball better, we did look a lot happier defensively and I may need to correct that the switch of keepers may have given us a bit more comfort moving forward because Stone is very good with controlling and passing.

Dan Crowley was outstanding; he was the true Man of the Match.

Jodi Jones did incredibly well, but Crowley, he's such an important part of what makes us work so well when it comes to breaking teams down. Jodi's brilliance is relied upon in various times, and although he played exceptionally well, I do feel it was second to Crowley.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,958
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

In his interview when asked if he was withdrawn because of tactics or injury Luke Williams said yes there was “a problem” with Slocombe or words to that affect, I took that to mean an injury of some kind which may have affected his game. When he came on Stone seemed to go long more rather than passing it short whether he was instructed to do that or not I’m not sure.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I think Stone does go longer more often than Slocombe.  Maybe he is more confident in hitting McGoldrick with a long ball than Slocombe?  

Our fans seem to really dislike whoever is in goal for us.  It won't be long before the same people who abuse Slocombe will be doing the same with Stone.  It's like the back 3 and goalkeeper have to responsible for every goal we concede and one or 2 are singled out for 'special' treatment.  Slocombe is one of those, Baldwin another.  It baffles me.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

@Ohh Tommy Johnson stone already gets it by much of the same people.

its fine to have an opinion but some of our fans make it beyond personal and just constantly find fault when there is no need. i get when fans say they prefer someone else, i acceptable people might say that hes weaker in areas but when they never seem happy with a keeper, especially one who helped us gain promotion. it just makes me mad. these so called fans usually argue that archie mair took notts up because it was him who saved the penalties.

totally forgetting that slocombe played most of the games that resulted in points won and points saved, due to their performance.

luke should be happy but there were concerns before we scored that he should not be so happy with, but i think this should remain private.

• Like 1
  • Love 1