Luke Williams : Notts v Walsall

Piethagoram

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Luke's body language and delivery says much more than what comes out of his mouth..I wouldn't like to have been in the dressing room post match.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

yeah, it was terrible. i think luke could have made better changes but the match was always going in favour of walsall due to how poorly we played in the second half. fair play to them. we were poor.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can't help but feel the ball started rolling once Luke became upset over the way we conceded against Forest Green Rovers at Meadow Lane. The meeting he held after the game had players red-faced. I said at the time I didn't think it really warranted disappointment. After all, earlier in the season Williams said he didn't focus on performances as much and that he wasn't concerned provided we got the right result.

Later that night, as a result we had that spat between Tom Williams and Connell Rawlinson.

Forest Green were far better than Walsall, FGR stepped up in the second half and stunned us. Walsall wasn't all that good, Williams gave them far too much credit in his recent post-match conference. He does acknowledge that we were poor, but Walsall didn't deserve anything more than us, they just wanted it and that was the difference. I am hoping we learn not to be too critical at a point where we are very much in form, in comparison when we aren't. It's those standards which bring about good results, so I don't think the players deserve all the blame for the recent lack of results.

Whilst at the same time, we need to acknowledge Luke Williams doesn't know everything - even he is leaning and making mistakes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

Very intriguing and valid observations, @Chris.

I do ponder what would have happened if he had restrained himself. I mean, his actions elicited a response and we performed well, but it might have made things more complex. The goals we’re conceding are much worse. Perhaps in one of the team meetings, Luke Williams could concentrate on what the players are doing correctly and commend that, as a way to foster improvement. Focusing solely on the negative can become overwhelming and lead to self-doubt. I’m certain the club does praise the players, but I’ve witnessed team meetings and they can be harsh. It’s a very judgement-based analysis.

• Like 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Luke Williams didn’t seem very pleased, which is unlike him. I’ve noticed that when we lose, the interviews tend to be shorter and more direct. Sometimes, you’d like to hear more, as I don’t appreciate questions about a previous match being asked in a press conference for the next game. It just seems negative, unless it’s relevant to the story.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

Luke Williams might be slightly concerned that he’s not getting the desired response from the players. However, to put things into perspective, we’re still performing quite well for a club that’s newly promoted back into the EFL. We just need to mix things up, improve, and work harder to ensure we get the results. We won’t win every match, but there’s no reason why we can’t improve our form and still be in contention for promotion at the end of the season.

• Like 1