New Year Celebrations

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

How will you be celebrating the New Year (or not)?

We don’t do New Year parties, we beer have really except for small family parties, this year will be no different, tonight we are having one of my favourite curries Lamb Rogan Josh it’s expensive to make but so delicious. Then we’ll see how tired we are and if we want to stay up to see the New a year in, we used to open the front and back door to let the new year in and the old year out but we don’t usually bother now.

Will you be celebrating? Is so how?

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

We were going to have a trip to the outlaws and celebrate with them, but I caught a cold a few days ago and don't want to pass it on. So it looks like a quiet one at home tonight with a bottle of sparkly we were given five years ago!

Have a great time everyone, and don't blow yourselves up ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

I'll be going over to @Chris and @cheeky~k8's soon to spend the last day of 2023 with them, and the grandkids. Tomorrow I'm going to @william1984 and @Harrys_Mummy's to spend the first day of 2024 with them and the rest of the grand kids and to watch The Rams on their TV.

• Love 3

• Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, super_ram said:

I'll be going over to @Chris and @cheeky~k8's soon to spend the last day of 2023 with them, and the grandkids. Tomorrow I'm going to @william1984 and @Harrys_Mummy's to spend the first day of 2024 with them and the rest of the grand kids and to watch The Rams on their TV.

Sounds like you’ll be busy @super_ram I hope you all have a good time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

i did not celebrate the new year in, because i was already in bed ready for work the following day.

its been hell over christmas, we are so rushed off our feet and it has not helped that our parent company has enforced staff layoffs so it means those wanting to keep their job are having to take on overtime. something like 25-30 are being let go. :( 

• Sad 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We used to celebrate the New Year at my parents, although we stopped some time back and would video call each other once Auld Lang Syne had been sung (usually just by myself). 😂

Those years, we tended to see the following year by watching films together or on the past few occasions watch a stream of a live gig. Pausing once it was almost a New Year, to finish the night off with the rest of the stream or film.

I was pleased @super_ram came over. I very much wanted him to come round before as we had made plans for him to stay over Boxing Day and for a few nights but somewhere along the way this ended up being forgotten. Jake @super_pie, very much wanted it. However, New Year's Eve was perfect. It was nice because I just felt well enough to be downstairs and made use of @Dash_16k's beanbag as a very comfortable cheer. :D

We played Monopoly (a quick version which turned out to be anything but fast) - yet it was enjoyable. We also played Cluedo which was good fun. Despite having two weapons and a character.I quickly established what the weapon was and who the murderer was. I then carefully watched where Jake, Ellie, Kate and Super would go. Carefully noting within my head the questions they ask, the rooms they tended to get no answers from. Until I figured out the room to win. Jake was catching on to what I had figured, though we both had our comedy moments.

Firstly, when I referred to the wrech as a spanner and Jake referred to two rooms incorrectly. 😂

• Like 1