Match discussion: Game 28 - The Mariners (A)

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah, I'm not saying the defence are perfect but when you have just 3 natural defenders in the team what do you expect... It kind of seems obvious now. Even Man City play with 4 defenders and then they have Rodri who is very defensively switched on. We've stepped up a level in terms of opposition now so moving forward for the tough away games and home games we absolutely need to think about making tweaks to become more solid. One of the CM's to just focus on providing protection for the defenders and it might be painful to do but I'd even think about sacrificing one of Nemane or Jodi for a more defensive option in Tobi or Chicksen. It's about balance really and we are almost overloaded with attackers. I think just a few small changes could have a big impact.

And as for the game itself; Painful, madness, speechless.

I honestly was thinking at half-time Grimsby will score within the first 10 minutes of the re-start; 7 minutes it took them. I should’ve put some money on it. But to let them score just 1 minute after we claw it back to 3-3… I felt sick when we got it back to 4-4. And at 4-5 I thought at least we’ll get a point at worst now! BUT I WASN’T ACTAULLY BEING SERIOUS. Bloody hell Notts.

And I know our defending is bad, but we basically scored the same goal 4 times, JJ crossing it to the back stick for a tap in! Someone got that Spiderman meme for the Notts and Grimsby ability to defend…

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

Our defence was weak, but a new manager could fix this. It was positive to stay in the match and nearly score. Grimsby has similar problems, but we’re better placed to improve. I’m content with the draw, hoping we’ll have a new manager for our next match.

• Like 1

• liampie unfeatured this topic