Temple of Sin finances and signings

Piethagoram

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

There are at least 3 teams that will get fewer points even if they are docked 10, so I think they will be OK.  I would be peeved though as Man City seem to be flouting the rules with impunity.  If you look at what happened in Rugby Union and Saracens, without a proper punishment the whole set up crumbles (from a disgruntled Wasps fan). Man City should have all their titles removed and relegated down to NL at least.

Saracens were effectively relegated 1 division (but the gap between Premiership and Championship in rugby is similar from PL to NL in football - the Championship is half amateur).  Then the rules were twisted to allow a promotion at the first attempt, they were allowed to keep all their internationals and B&I Lions (or loan them out for a season on favourable terms) and then they continued on their merry way.  Clubs were forced to spend big to make the league competitive and several fell by the wayside (and I would expect more to go at the end of this season - Newcastle and Leicester appear to be on the brink and Exeter aren't healthy either). Any punishment needs to be severe to act as a deterrent for others.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Premier League is a long way off for our club, but what happens in the Premier League filters down the Football pyramid and affects our club.

The FFP rules in my opinion are unfair to the other 86 league clubs that are trying to compete with the Top Six and have no chance of competing in reality.

Those top six get richer by the year, while clubs like Bury, chester and Macclesfield have gone out of business. Then other clubs are docked points for breaking unfair rules.

It's the story that is too common in the UK, the rich and powerful call all the shots and the rest have to bow down and accept it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Robbie said:

Premier League is a long way off for our club, but what happens in the Premier League filters down the Football pyramid and affects our club.

The FFP rules in my opinion are unfair to the other 86 league clubs that are trying to compete with the Top Six and have no chance of competing in reality.

Those top six get richer by the year, while clubs like Bury, chester and Macclesfield have gone out of business. Then other clubs are docked points for breaking unfair rules.

It's the story that is too common in the UK, the rich and powerful call all the shots and the rest have to bow down and accept it.

I agree totally.  I don't see why a transfer cap can't be introduced.  Include everything that is involved - fee, agent's fees signing on fees, inducements and salary etc and then limit that per division.  Then back it up with meaningful punishment and enforce it.  If the top6 want to go to a European League where they play the same sides week in week out, fine let them go... just bar them from re-entry (or make them start as if they were a totally new club in the league structure) and any players that go are ineligible for international representation whilst outside the UEFA / FIFA controlled competitions. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

It should have happened last season, but the selling of players allowed the Premier League to write some of it off. Forest took a gamble, so it makes more sense as to why Steve Cooper was sacked now.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its not fair that richer clubs can get away with point deductions, but at the same time this cant be used to justify other clubs overspending. none of it is right and action should be taken. unfortunately for forest, their fans wished the worst to everton and ended up with the same penalty.

i have no sympathy because everyone has been acting on the other side of the trent like they have money coming off trees.

even earlier in the season bbc radio nottingham suggested they had £60-80m left to spend. its all guesses clearly but they want the club to be overspending just to stay up in the premier league and thats dangerous long term.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

I’ve got nothing to say about Forest. I believe clubs should be responsible for the money they use. I hope both they and Everton are treated the same as other rule breakers. It’s going to be a hard time for both clubs, but it sends a warning about spending too much. That is, unless you can afford lawyers to keep the league authorities busy, like Manchester City.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Trouble is @True Magpie the rich clubs are allowed to spend what they like. Man City £200+ million on just two players.

There are 86 teams that can't compete or ever hope to compete with the top 6.

That's not right either.

• Like 2

Supporter+
22 hours ago, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

I agree totally.  I don't see why a transfer cap can't be introduced.  Include everything that is involved - fee, agent's fees signing on fees, inducements and salary etc and then limit that per division.  Then back it up with meaningful punishment and enforce it.  If the top6 want to go to a European League where they play the same sides week in week out, fine let them go... just bar them from re-entry (or make them start as if they were a totally new club in the league structure) and any players that go are ineligible for international representation whilst outside the UEFA / FIFA controlled competitions. 

Couldn't agree more. We'll put.

14 hours ago, True Magpie said:

I’ve got nothing to say about Forest. I believe clubs should be responsible for the money they use. I hope both they and Everton are treated the same as other rule breakers. It’s going to be a hard time for both clubs, but it sends a warning about spending too much. That is, unless you can afford lawyers to keep the league authorities busy, like Manchester City.

The top six are above the law.Thats the big problem in English football at the moment.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's easy for any fan to sit back and laugh, seeing a club penalised for failing to meet the Financial Fair Play Rules.

Outside the top 6, how do you match your ambition to improve your club?

There's obviously a right way in doing things and that can take time, time which fans and owners don't usually understand. Everything these days has to be instant, and it doesn't work out like that. I feel sorry for their genuine fans, rather than those who have cropped up since their return to the Premier League. Even some of Kate's family, who rarely attended in the past, seem to be going more. I get this, but I do think their type of support encourages owners to be foolish.

I am thankful that the Reedtz brothers are different to this: we are getting larger attendances but are spending the money in the right areas.

I just wished for those true Forest fans I know, that they started to focus on the players they develop rather than signing in some highly priced player who has little connection to the club.

Whilst I do have sympathy for those true fans, I do believe the decision is to be fair, and I also have to say that Forest fans who engaged with referencing Everton and gloating in the process - it just makes you look bad.

Good luck to them, it's going to be harder to stay up, and I think this is the true reason why Steve Cooper was sacked. They knew this would happen and feared relegation, acted fast and brought in someone they hoped could overcome the points that would be taken. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

If a club pays more than 200% of its turnover on players' wages, it's an accident waiting to happen - the rules are there to prevent owners gambling on success and then vanishing if it doesn't work, leaving a mess behind. I mean, they've still got Harry Arter on their wage bill. Flouting the turnover rules put them at a significant advantage to other clubs that adhered to them.

It's plain that they're not a well-run club in general and it wouldn't take much for things to start going south. If they end up in League One again in the not-too-distant future, we've got to make sure we're there to greet them.