Smartphones: Your device and Preferences

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  3,009
  • Days Won:  1

I'm just curious, not trying to boast. What phone do you have? Is it an Android, an iPhone, or something else? How long have you had it? Which network do you use? How often do you get a new one?

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve got an iPhone XR Max, I’ve had various different forms of iPhones since 2012, this one I’ve had for around 18 months, I usually buy refurbished iphones from giffgaff (can’t afford new), I’m on a sim only contract with O2 but I’ll change when it’s up to Lebara who have some good sim only deals at present.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

I`ve got a Google Pixel 6a. One of the best budget Android phones. Battery could be better, but I`m overall satisfied.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I have a Samsung S21 Ultra.  As a phone / mini computer it is very good, battery is excellent and the screen has survived a couple of knocks relatively unscathed (it is cracked a little bit, but it is hardly noticeable).  The one disappointing thing is the USB C port and cable charging.  It just isn't very good and after a while the cable becomes loose a it stops charging (or transferring data).  My daughter had an S21 and had the same problem.   Mind you my daughter has had the same problem with her iPad twice now, so maybe it is the design of the USB port rather than the phone. I can upgrade in a couple of weeks and am thinking of going for a refurbished phone as a replacement - possibly an iPhone.  I like the Samsung flip phones, but I am concerned the USB port will remain a weakness.

• Like 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Mine is an Android. Have had Smart phone Android since Smart phone inception.

They have always served me well. Can't conceive paying more than £150 for a smart phone.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

I have a Samsung Z Fold2, an Android mobile. I’ve owned it since roughly 2021, having acquired it shortly after its launch. My network provider is EE and I don’t intend to upgrade until the phone requires replacement.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Mine is an Android. Have had Smart phone Android since Smart phone inception.

They have always served me well. Can't conceive paying more than £150 for a smart phone.

I feel the same way. I can’t see the sense in spending more than £200 on a mobile phone. I’d prefer to keep it around £150. However, my family usually buys my phones for me. I’ve only had two up to now. My first one was an Android, but it started to slow down. I’m currently using a Samsung, but I’m not sure of the model.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have a Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G (as there is a 4G model), It's running Android 13. I've had it since it's release, I think two years? I don't remember. I'm on Voxi which is owed by Vodaphone.

Vodaphone is by far the best network I have been on. I used to be on GiffGaff, but the speeds were poor and O2's coverage wasn't the best.

I don't plan on upgrading any time soon.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,167
  • Days Won:  3

I have a Samsung Galaxy A series phone, a good budget device. It does everything I want and the battery is good enough. I'm on the O2 network, and I won't be upgrading until the phone dies or breaks.

• Like 1