WWE Netflix

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I know some of you may not be wrestling fans but this is huge news. Especially from a UK fans perspective.

Netflix will be streaming Monday Night Raw, NXT and Friday Night Smackdown as well as the Premium LIve Events like The Royal Rumble, WrestleMania etc. They also have plans to make new documentaries, which if Netflix shows and the previous documentaries made on the Network are anything to go by, they'll be epic.

I'm just hoping that with this looking like the end of the WWE Network, which I already subscribe to for £9.99 a month, they continue to show old content from like the 90s, early 00s etc. It's one of the things I enjoy about having the Network being able to run back some old classics. 

Most people in the UK already have Netflix accounts so this can only be a positive. It could see a rise in popularity for WWE. I do think though that with this acquisition, Netflix might rise their prices but I'm sure it'll be a better price than having to pay for TNT Sports/BT Sports that it has been showcased on in recent years.

Just out of curiosity, how many on here would watch WWE more often or try get in to it with it moving to Netflix starting next year?

Personally, I'm excited with this news. It's been a while since I've got to watch shows like RAW or Smackdown Live or even highlights of it. Instead I opted for RAW Talk or Smackdown Low Down for a catch up. But, I always watch the PPVs live via the Network.

• Like 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

What is the status of their live television broadcasting rights? Doesn't that interfere with their huge TV network rights?? The highest they have ever had.I am not complaining; it sounds like a great idea.

I must admit, I prefer watching AEW even though people get involved and try to spoil it. I find it to be more like what I grew up watching; I have tried to watch WWE and I just feel it's too scripted. On the plus side, it might improve things. Triple H did incredibly well when Vince had disappeared, and now he's further in the background it does seem to be improving.

If this makes their product easier to watch for fans and contributes to better improvements it should be good.

I watched the highlight show on TNT Sports I think it was and even found that to be a subpar way of trying to enjoy it. All my questions are answered here, this is insane.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wwe/article-12996075/Netflix-WWE-Raw-Deal.html

• Like 1

@Chris  I've been subscribed to the Network for 4 years now and I've seen some moments that were a bit MEH but since Triple H has been running the show, it's showing so much promise to getting back to where it should be. Things like bringing back released talents, given superstars meaningful storylines, giving opportunities to those who didn't have them previously. Even things like the tag team division both Men and Women are thriving. 

I think viewership will go up for RAW and Smackdown. People like me, personally, I refuse to pay the prices of TNT or BT so, as mentioned, I don't get to watch highlights or the shows. I only get to see highlights of whats been going on on RAW and Smackdown via the talk shows they have on the Network that give you a brief half hour run down of what's happened on the shows. 

It's never gonna be the WWE that it once was like the Attitude Era or Ruthless Aggression but with HHH I think it's still gonna be great to watch. I still never miss all the main events though. WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series even Money in the Bank and the rest of them, I like to watch them live on the Network.

I used to be in to AEW then I went off it and never got back in to it. Haven't watched it in about a year tbf.

• Like 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The current day WWE is like the 'New Generation' of the early 90s, and it's been this way for far too long.

There's no reason why they can't produce stars of the golden era (pre 90s) that have dynamic matches that we have come to love, recreating an attitude/ruthless aggressive era. I just think they need to go back to being unscripted, allow the talent to do shoots and if people aren't able to speak well on camera, allow them to work on but having a manager do the talking can add to it.

I really wished WWE would up its game more for this reason.

• Like 1

@Chris that's what's been happening lately. The superstars given the mic cutting promos and doing shoots are the ones who can do it all whether it be good mic skills, having the crowd eating out of their hands or just a good all round vibe about them being in the Ring mic in hand. 

The matches that have been going on since HHH took charge have been brilliant. Not just the quality of the matches that is seeable through the eye but chemistry and the story that is being portrayed. 

Plus, GMs are more involved especially Nick Aldis on Smackdown. He's been fantastic, especially in recent weeks approaching the Rumble. 

There's some real stars coming through under HHHs creative control. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i have not watched much wrestling for awhile, i used to watch the attitude era on dvds when i was younger. i was not very much into the ruthless aggression era. it felt a bit forced and some of the wrestlers being pushed just had nothing about them.

admittedly i also disliked the chav cena, it got him over but his persona after that was much better.

@liampie I don't think the ruthless aggression era gets the credit it deserves. The attitude era will always remain my favourite and it's the main reason why the ruthless aggression era doesn't get mentioned as much as it should because it followed the attitude era.

The ruthless aggression era was a tamed down version of the attitude era but only because of how times were moving. They couldn't do half the stuff they once did during the attitude era. They had to adapt it. But there were alot of stars born during the ruthless era. Randy Orton, John Cena, Batista, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero. 

I liked Thuganomics John Cena tbf but I did prefer his stuff once he moved on from that.

• Like 1