Torquay United 10 points reduction

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Looks like Torquay United are headed for administration.

Surely we are not going to see another grand old league club poised to follow clubs like Bury, Macclesfield and Chester who have reappeared well down the league pyramid as phoenix clubs.

Something has to be done to ensure this does not happen.

• Sad 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  6

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder there. He's obviously unhappy with what's going on but doesn't seem concerned about the club folding, just about relegation and a lack of funds going forward. Shocking what's been going on there and I did see fundraising has reached around £20k. No doubt because their facilities are better than most of the league, they only have 3 home games left so that will hit their cashflow, I'm sure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

It all boils down to the Premier League and their Greed. If they allowed money to trickle down the football pyramid to teams in the Lower levels it could help some clubs to remain solvent. The FA or the EFL  or indeed any Footballing authority need to scrutinize any new club owner carefully and make sure they have the cash to keep the club their buying viable for at least three to five years, (I'll admit I don't know what it currently is) but a decent size money contribution from the Premier League would help struggling clubs. Maybe if the Government do appoint an individual person to make sure money does flow downwards from the Top Teams wont be a bad thing. Because I'm sure the amount of one of the player Top Earners weekly/ monthly wage being donated would pay off a lower clubs debt. I also Can Not Understand the reason for the points deduction, the club (in this case Torquay) are already struggling with administration why inflict more misery, by giving them a Ten Point Deduction? It seems Crazy to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man The premier league clubs, a few days ago, failed to agree on a plan to distribute more money down to the lower leagues. If they don't finalise an agreement, the government will impose an agreement on them.

And just look whose at the top of the Championship, the three teams that got relegated from the Premier league last season. All down to the unfair parachute payments allowing all three to pay their players much more than other clubs in the Championship can afford.

This means they don't get the best players and the result is those 21 other clubs cannot complete.

The whole current league structure is controlled by the Premier League clubs that decide what finance they'll hand down. It's all wrong in my opinion.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Torquay made a hefty investment before we snatched their top players for our own promotion drive. I believe that’s a huge risk, and it makes me appreciate our own owners who cautiously financed the club’s advancement after the turmoil caused by our last two owners. Clubs should spend within their budget, fans need to consider this, and if people truly cared about their football, they would make a sensible decision. Sadly, some owners seek immediate success with a gamble, and fans are all too eager to support it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its saddening to see but i cant see it stopping any time soon. southend have their issues which are similar to torquay. its hard to build strong clubs in smaller areas where the amount of fans you can attract is very limited. :( 

• Like 2