In appreciation of Jodi Jones

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

This Praise is Excellent for Jodi the only problem is, it will alert other clubs of his skills and performances, as if they weren't aware of him already. If Notts could hold onto him his influence on the team next season will help immensely with the Magpies Promotion Push and I would hope out of Loyalty he will Remain at the Lane. With Notts being the only club to gamble on him, when it appeared no other team were interested in him. No I'm Not kidding myself I understand if Jodi needs to express his Talent at a higher level and a Transfer would bring in more money for his young Family, but it would be nice to think  he would hang around to help get the Magpies into League 1. But if he goes during the off season I for one wouldn't begrudge him a move, and he will leave us with some Amazing Memories like his Goal against Boreham Wood in last season's Playoff Semi Final.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

It's only injuries that have stopped him from playing at a higher level, he'll get back there but luckily for the time being he's ours to enjoy. We’ve just got to get him out of a wingback role though next season haven’t we? Defending just isn’t his strong point, he needs to be attacking more often than not.

Some have mentioned that subbing him on yesterday actually caused us a few problems and unbalanced us a bit as the defence got shifted around to accommodate him… Luckily it all worked out ok in the end. The goal was quality, he glides with the ball at his feet.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Love JJ - didn’t understand his reaction to the Pavis after his goal yesterday mind you ? What was that about?

• Confused 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

The only way that Jodi might not move on in the close season will be other clubs doubts about his fitness.

Notts were prepared to take a chance on Jodi's past fitness problems when they took him on loan and it paid off big time, with end of season success and a new contract with the club.

My player of the season for Notts is Jodi (despite Macaulay scoring 25 league goals), due to his record EFL assists record and his contribution to the team.

If he does go we will remember his fantastic contribution to the team, at the back end of last season, and this season back in league 2.

Who can ever forget his last gasp assist for Baldwin to score at the end of normal time, and his last gasp goal at the end of extra time against Boreham Wood in the playoffs semi final, that took us to Wembley.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Jodi's goal against Harrogate is a contender for goal of the season.

It demonstrates clearly that if Jodi left Notts, he would be very hard to replace.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

You ain't Kidding Robbie that goal at the end of a mazy run will take a lot of beating in the Goal of the Season category. And it would be a shame if we lost Jodie to a team in League 1 next season because if things had been different at the Lane the Magpies could have been in a Promotion Spot. With Luck he may decide to remain with Notts one more season to see if the Magpies can gain Promotion. If this the case a contract extension should be offered in the off season. But if Jodi does decide to leave yes he will be hard to replace, but not impossible last season when Ruben left it was felt his influence would be missed but Dan Crowley hasn't done to bad a job in covering his position.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I can't see him staying, and I would hope he is picked up by one of the Championship teams.  I think we would get a fair price for him (the Reedz brothers are, by all accounts, really tough negotiators). Whether we can replace him is another issue. I wonder if Randall was the plan in case he moved on last summer (or we didn't get his signature on a permanent deal). If that's the case, he really needs to step up and his luck needs to change.

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Ohh Tommy Johnson

I'm not sure that he is likely to go.

Notts gave him a great opportunity when he arrived here on loan having such problems with his fitness in the past.

Notts rewarded him with a 2 year contract and Jodi has played so well for us since he became a regular in the side, and he has also featured so well playing in international matches for his Country too.

As I've said previously on other threads, other clubs may still be a little hesitant to take him on due to his past fitness record, so I'm hopeful that he would stay at Notts at least till Xmas to see if Notts are challenging for promotion.

Notts may even offer him an extension to his contract to tempt him to stay a while.

Even if he doesn't stay he will have left some great memories for us.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

We may offer him an extension, but at his age and having lost so many years to injury I can see him wanting to move as far up as possible.  He knows more than most how important it is to grab chances whilst they are there,  This season should have put doubts over his injury history to bed.  With a year on his contract we could cash in.  I don't think loyalty should come into his thinking.  His is a good news story for all involved - he has his career back on track, Notts did that for him and so it reflects well on our set up... making us more attractive to others. The one thing that works for us is that we don't have to sell, and have shown in the past we are happy to let a contract run out and lose any fees if it is best for us (and the player is happy enough), which means we can extract the best price.

• Like 1