Jodi is there Hope?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,313
  • Days Won:  17

After listening to Jodi's interview on the BBC 's Notts County  Sport on line section. Is there still hope that the Malta International will still be at Meadow Lane Next Season? Listening to the conversation Jodi had with the BBC interviewer his words must bring hope to all Magpie Fans. 

I Love It Here. Notts gave me the chance when others wouldn't. Took me away from the Bad Place I was and I'll Always Respect That.

That sounds like he wants to remain a Magpie for 2024/2025. If he does the first thing for Chris & Alex to do is offer the Lad an extended contract along side that of Macca, but that's something our Owners will know with out me telling them. To hold onto Jodi will certainly Bolster Notts chances of challenging for a playoff spot if not Automatic Promotion next season and will give Fans Hope and something to Cheer About.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,401
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

There is hope that he will stay & Notts should do all they can to persuade him to stay.

Jodi is certainly worth a new improved contact up to 2027 if he wants it. 

I would like the "three musketeers" Macca, Jodi & Dan, to stay permanently, or at least till the January window of 2025, to see where Notts are at the point.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes I watched the interview on EMTV and he really sounded as if he wanted to stay so let’s hope he gets his wish and we get ours that’d be a real bonus.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,401
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

I've just read that article, thanks for posting it @Robbie!

The bit about LW leaving really stands out though, he speaks about him like he was some sort of super-human and how he was "heartbroken"! I can only assume he wasn't the only player who felt that way given he says the mood of players was horrible. That clearly affected the form more than we realised.

And I know it's harsh, but I'm imagining if I was a player hearing the next gaffer is coming from Wealdstone I wouldn't initially be excited. Now I'm not saying a "big-name" was someone we should've gone for but I'd imagine it would've lifted the spirits quicker, whereas SM probably had to prove himself on the training pitch and needed time to bond with the players to get them back on track - which by the end of the season (FGR excluded) he did.

Very interesting though, just hoping we offer him a new contract over the summer or early at the start of next season like we did with Macca!

• Like 2
  • Love 1