Transfer Rumours : Farrend Rawson to Notts?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,120
  • Days Won:  17

Stats read pretty good plenty of Experience and as Captained Morecombe and most importantly he'll Cost Now't. Negative points always moves on after his contract ends, seems odd no other team wanted to employ him beyond his signed contract agreement. Morecombe were a League 1 side when he joined so he's been part of a Relegated side in recent seasons so does he have a Wining Mentality?

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Personally I wouldn't touch a player from a relegated side and I would question his mentality. Noticed Mansfield let him go when they failed to gain promotion.

My verdict.

Notts should pass on this one.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

It doesn't say that he has been released, it says his contract is due to expire which is different.  Morecombe haven't released their retained list yet.  You wouldn't say the same about Wooton and Rodrieguez but they both left us at the end of their contracts. In the lower leagues it is far more likely a player moves at the end of their contract rather than incur a transfer fee, so I don't think you can read anything into that.  Likewise the Winning Mentality; you can't project the collective failure to stay up on the individuals.  That is what our stats based approach is supposed to avoid as it removes external influence as far as possible. 

1 minute ago, Robbie said:

Personally I wouldn't touch a player from a relegated side and I would question his mentality. Noticed Mansfield let him go when they failed to gain promotion.

My verdict.

So you would have got rid of JoB then?

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Ohh Tommy Johnson  I looked on transfer markt.com and he wasn't in the Morecambe squad for 6 of the last 11 matches of the season. When he returned he was in a side that lost 4 & drew one of their last 5 matches. He was substituted in 3 of those 5 matches too.

As far as JOB is concerned he was a Notts player, and the club knew him, how he played, his personality, commitment and his playing style, so no, I would have kept JOB on after we were relegated.

If Notts decided to sign him, and they have gone through his profile, match stats & personality checks and decide to take him on then I would support that decision.

But personally, I think they should pass on him.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,120
  • Days Won:  17

Being realised or contract ending still means the Player won't be at the Club the following Season. You can't project the collective failure on an individual that is True however I think @Robbie is expressing that how the relegation had it's effect on the player's mind set and what effect it would have on his play if he found himself in a Relegation Battle with Notts.

Jim O'Brien's mind set was one of Getting Notts Back Into the Football League. Something He Achieved. His Loyalty to the Club was Unquestionable .

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Personally if he was part of a relegated side and hasn't 6 in last 11 and when has played they have lost so in my opinion i dont think they should touch him maybe someone like Riley harbottle 

Any thoughts 

Whatever we do we need to do it soon as in start signing today

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Sophie d

Looking at his stats, his positives Riley comes from one of the top academies, he does have experience in League 2 with Mansfield and Colchester, he's 6ft,2 inches tall.his stats say he wins 95% of his aerial duels. He may be a good fit 

Looking at his defensive stats he looks to be better with the physicality, stamina and heading ability compared to Cameron and Brindley. Everything else looks similar.

https://www.fifacm.com/24/compare/241699/212833/232114

Notts need to recruit a player who can improve on what we have, not sure Riley is much better than what we have.

I think we need to recruit some experienced League 1 or League 2 defenders who understand and can cope with the physicality of league 2. Something we were lacking this season.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

On 02/05/2024 at 13:14, Robbie said:

My verdict.

I haven't seen this bloke play, but I disagree with your point. We've signed loads of good players from relegated teams in the past, Jeff Hughes springs to mind. Dan Crowley was also relegated with Morecambe. Scott Robertson had been frozen out at Fleetwood, who have since been relegated, was he a poor signing?

JOB was relegated out of the Football League with us, I don't think anyone questions his mentality. Going back further, pretty much the whole of Sam Allardyce's championship-winning team had been relegated with us the season before.

If he's good enough, he deserves a chance! 

• Love 1

Supporter+

@DangerousSausage

It all comes down to a matter of preference really 

If sides such as Wrexham, Mansfield & Stockport decide to release some players, (Wrexham have already released a retained list), of course Notts have to look at them and decide if any of them can do a job for us.

I'd rather Notts look at those 3 clubs players than say, Forest Green or Sutton at the moment.

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,742
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ck7g13kr1rwo

Missed this back in July, he signed for Accrington

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i thought this was new for a minute. 😆

i was asking myself why we needed another defender. :rollonfloorlaughing:

im not that bothered that we missed out or did not sign him, i am happy with the defenders notts have brought in and think with time they will settle.

• Like 1