That Lot V Pne

super_ram

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

The dogs are beating PNE 1 - 0 It's on BT Sport if anyone wishes to support Preston

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would expect them too, I hope Joe Garner scores though.

They don't look the same team that beat West Ham.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes, I watched this one, I can't believe how much possession Preston had but they failed to score, whereas "that lot" scored two goals from very few chances.

I hope they get bogged down in the cup and it affects their league form.

I thought Preston looked like what they are-a good Division one team.They'd probably manage mid to lower Championnship on that performance.That lot,on the other hand,were a shadow of the side that thrashed West Ham but they still won!

@tony hateley -what did you think of the penalty appeal?I personally agree with the ref but the commentators questioned his decision.

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

its a shame they lost, forest are not always good at playing attractive football. thats one of their main issues, i felt they was quite poor tbh.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I thought Preston were very unlucky,the other team were poor.

Supporter+

@tony hateley -what did you think of the penalty appeal?I personally agree with the ref but the commentators questioned his decision.

Do you mean the one where the player was on the ground and the ball hit his hand, if so I thought it was a penalty, as they said it doesn't have to be intentional but his hand stopped the ball going goalwards so pen for me but I'm not a ref.

There was another incident where Davies was shoved in the back as he rose for a header I've seen those given too.

Do you mean the one where the player was on the ground and the ball hit his hand, if so I thought it was a penalty, as they said it doesn't have to be intentional but his hand stopped the ball going goalwards so pen for me but I'm not a ref.

Yes,that's the one.I think the law should be clarified.The defending player was falling to the ground and turning his back on the Preston play. when the ball hit his hand.There was no attempt by the defender to interfere with play and contact with the ball was completely accidental.I think it very harsh for penalties to be given in this type of incident.

There was another incident where Davies was shoved in the back as he rose for a header I've seen those given too.

Yes there was a lot of  'cuddling' going on in both penalty areas ,in fact it's happening in all games and not just jostling.I wish refs would clamp down on this kind of behaviour but players don' help.I suppose its down to the refs to apply common sense but be consistent.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

The dogs are beating PNE 1 - 0 It's on BT Sport if anyone wishes to support Preston

Oh dear, had I have known i would have watched it. I think I have BT Sports with my tv subscription.

I hoped they would lose....

Supporter+

Yes,that's the one.I think the law should be clarified.The defending player was falling to the ground and turning his back on the Preston play. when the ball hit his hand.There was no attempt by the defender to interfere with play and contact with the ball was completely accidental.I think it very harsh for penalties to be given in this type of incident.

Even if the player didn't intentionally want to interfere with play, the fact is the ball hit his hand and probably prevented a goal, if that had been at a Notts match I would have been screaming penalty.

Even if the player didn't intentionally want to interfere with play, the fact is the ball hit his hand and probably prevented a goal, if that had been at a Notts match I would have been screaming penalty.

Would you honestly still feel the same if a penalty was awarded against Notts in a similar incident. 

Supporter+

Would you honestly still feel the same if a penalty was awarded against Notts in a similar incident. 

Of course, you know me as a really fair minded person, I would go up to the referee, shake his hand and say "well played old chap, you are a credit to your profession" :angel:

Archived