• 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

The work is coming along nicely. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

This could end up being a real money spinner by allowing Premiership away fans to use it. Brilliant idea whoever came up with it, and would be great to have it ready for the Euros.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I agree @Fozzy hopefully it’ll be a nice little earner for Notts.

• Like 4

Supporter+

I’ve just read that Forest owner wants to move their ground to Toton which means The Nest wouldn’t get Premiership away fans using it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154

Supporter+

I don't think Forest will move because most of their fans are against it, but even if they did,  with planning permission needed, & that would take time, it would take a few years to build the new ground, so I would estimate that it would be at least three seasons before it was ready to be used.

So even in the worse case scenario, the Nest would still be very lucrative for Notts in the short term.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

I heard that any move would potentially be around 8 years away, so it won’t matter as they will be back in League 1 by then anyway. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Supporter+

Great news.

The Nest will be ready for Euro 2024.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

I've read about the Red Dogs wanting to move to Toton. Don't think it  will happen it would cost far to much. Having to build the Stadium plus Parking and laying down  access roads etc, it's already been rumoured it would cost between 5-8 Billion Pounds. On top of this there's a Local School Academy nearby plus the Tram Stop. The continual Construction  noise and pollution and the arrival and Departure of Construction Traffic will certainly make Locals lives a Misery. Then there's the Historical Point that being the closeness of Meadow Lane and the City Ground, the nearest two stadiums in England.

And wasn't the Forest Owner going to extend the City Ground at one stage, did that happen?

• Like 2

Anybody on PON Superstitious? Because looking at the Nest Logo there's only One Magpie. And as the Rhyme goes 

ONE FOR SORROW. 

Lets Hope Another Magpie is Added. 

TWO FOR JOY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This will be a great thing for our fan base, bringing a central zone and thinning out other areas. I am excited about my first visit! It's things like this which makes me more thankful for our owners, who have been getting stick the past two seasons for supposedly not investing in the right area. We are in a race, which won't be won without reserving our energy and this could be such a massive boost towards that.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

it should be great for business, not just notts and forest but for other potential events. there are a lot of sporting events where fans will sit in a nice area and drink, so the importance is there to making somewhere people will want to gather. unfortunately for me i prefer quieter players and would find it to much, i dont like the changes made to the navi personally due to this reason and if i go for a pre match drink i will only consider the embankment.

• Like 3

A ticket costing £5 to stand and a tenner to sit down during the Euro's ? No Thanks. Then the cost of a drink and something to eat, that's not going to make it  a cheap Afternoon/ Night out for a Family. Plus a Fiver if you want to park your car. Go down to the Local and watch England games for nothing. Or watch it at home get a some bottles in a few nibble have your mates round and watch the Matches on your own Flat  Screen Plasma TV..

Is this how much it will cost to get into the Nest on Match Day a Fiver a Time? Everything as got to be paid for by Card. Going Cashless? Nah Not For Me Thanks.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Take a look at the newly completed Fan zone, The Nest. It looks great.

Supporter+

Opening night at the Nest.

Any PON members go to the Opening Night at the Fan Zone? If so can we have a Honest Report? Both The Good and The Bad?

• Like 1

Supporter+
20 minutes ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

Any PON members go to the Opening Night at the Fan Zone? If so can we have a Honest Report? Both The Good and The Bad?

It was only a test run @Wheelbarrow repair man. It doesn't look absolutely packed but looks like they had a limit on the numbers for the test night maybe.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I’m worried that the cost is too high; booking a table for six shouldn’t be £10 per person, that’s unreasonable. Charging for standing room is also excessive. I hope they reconsider these charges to attract more customers. It’s about finding the right balance between making a profit and offering fair prices. The Nest could be filled with happy customers paying reasonable fees, rather than empty because people can’t afford continuous drink purchases. It looks great, but fans might opt for the Navi instead, where beer prices are similar and their friends aren’t charged just to join them.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@upthepies I agree, they need to get the price balance right they could finish up with empty tables but most of the customers standing.

If there is an admission charge, surely it should on a first come first served situation regarding the tables.

• Like 1

@upthepies

My thoughts exactly, I've stated in another thread a fiver to stand up and a tenner to sit down, plus an extra fiver if you want to park your car. Then the drinks and the food you buy, it could turn out to be far to expensive for a family to attend. Plus is it a fiver to gain entrance on a Notts Match Day? Plus the place is Cashless. What happens  if Fans don't have a Card and prefer to pay Cash.? I know I do. I 'll go down the Lane watch the match and go to my favourite watering hole the Partizan Tavern.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

The trial event should highlight what is effective and what isn’t. The Nest ought to be the premier destination for supporters, not the priciest or a place that constantly seeks ways to make fans spend unnecessarily. As I’ve mentioned, I trust the club will heed fan feedback and implement necessary adjustments. However, at present, I wouldn’t choose to visit it myself, which is regrettable as I was initially keen on the idea. My preference is to financially support the club before matches, but I’m considerate of the company I keep. Additionally, it doesn’t appear to be very family-friendly, which is disappointing.

• Like 3

Supporter+

If you have to pay to get in on match days I’ll be very disappointed, I wouldn’t pay to get in and buy one pint because that’s all I’d drink, so I think for that reason I’m out, as they say on Dragons Den.

Having said that I hope it’s a success and I’m sure there’ll be lots of people who have the money will support it.

• Like 2

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

@Fan of Big Tone, I was just about to ask Which Dragon Are You?

I’d probably be that grumpy one from years ago, I can’t remember his name, he was Scottish and about the same age as me but considerably richer. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Supporter+
2 hours ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

@Fan of Big Tone Duncan Ballantine. Was the Fella.

Yes that’s him. 👍

• Like 1