David Beckham - Major League Soccer

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

MIAMI -- David Beckham has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion team in Miami, and the deal will be finalized when the former England captain can secure a financing plan and location for a new stadium.

I heard about this on the radio, I was supposed but can't see why he would do this. Perhaps his love of football, tho he will need to invest if he wants to gain from it (which I doubt).

Good for the MLS, thoughts?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  902
  • Days Won:  11

Didnt think he had that sort of dosh, perhaps he wants investors to stump up the cash, while he runs it and gets all the attension.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's by far one of the richest footballers, I forget what he's net worth is reported to be but it will cost him no matter what if he hopes to compete with MLS side who are now offering attractive contracts to players.

I can't see him being open to paying his sort of salary to someone without investment.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its news to me, interesting he decided to do it other in american. easier to get promotion?

just picture him buying a club like wrexham or york! i also bet posh had something to do with the location!! ;) well i bet he can get them up and doing okay, he will have a lot of connections with aging stars who would be attracted to the limelight.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Knowing how the Beckams manipulate publicity,I would imagine he'll end up getting more out of this than he puts in.Am I being cynical?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

He's rumoured to be worth 300 million USD.

Plus whatever Posh brings in.

However, I see this as another publicity stunt for Becks. Can't blame him though!

Archived