Weekend chat 14th - 16th June 2024

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Now one or two lapsed members have returned to the fold I thought I’d try and resurrect the weekend chat feature and hopefully I won’t be talking to myself.:biggrin:

What is everyone up to this weekend? Regular readers won’t be surprised to learn we are on holiday on the south coast, we are staying in a hotel in Havant for two night before moving on to a cottage in the New Forest.

Yesterday I went to see my older brother who is now an incredible 85 years old and as bright as a button.

We were also hoping to catch up with our two eldest grandchildren who are in the navy but sadly that can’t happen for various reasons.

We move on to our cottage later this afternoon and looking forward to a restful week.

What are your plans? Chat about anything non football here.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

As of now, I don’t have any firm plans. It’s likely that my day will unfold spontaneously. If the weather allows, I’d like to take a walk around Nottingham on Saturday, a routine I’ve been enjoying. I might visit The Embankment and Meadow Lane, provided it doesn’t rain. However, these are just thoughts and not concrete plans.

What about you? What are your plans?

• Like 5

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i wanted to go shopping for some things for the house and clothes on saturday, i am not sure what else i have planned.

tomorrow i will be at work all day, after that i just want to relax and unwind for the weekend. sunday, i most likely will be fetching my mums shopping and i will be staying for sunday roast. i think my aunt and uncle will be joining us.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Big weekend coming up with the start of the Euros, so will be watching the opening game tonight on the TV, Germany v Scotland.

Did the shopping this morning for the wife, then was planning to do some gardening, but too many showers, ah well.

Got a couple of DvDs from the charity shop while out shopping. I do like Bruce Willis. He's a good comedy Actor as well as being an all action one.

• Like 3

Supporter+

It’s Fathers Day, I hope all you sons and daughters are contacting your Dads and letting them know how much you appreciate them.

Its a poignant day for me I had two sons, sadly one is no longer with us so today is a bit weird.

We are still away on holiday so I won’t see my remaining son but me and Mrs T are going for Sunday Lunch at a local pub so I’m looking forward to that.

Whats everyone else doing on Father’s Day?

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've been loosely watching the Euros, but I haven't really been impressed by what I have seen. Much of the other stuff I have been doing is more preparation and planning. Today, I went to see @super_ram for Father's Day but also to catch up.

Good laughs and now I am back home awaiting the England game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

We had a lovely Sunday lunch at the nearest pub to the cottage we are staying in, unfortunately the country lanes are very narrow round here and no pavements we didn’t feel safe walking so we had to drive the 1.5 miles, which meant one pint of weak beer for me.

IMG_6101.jpeg
IMG_6102.jpeg

• Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I have to admit it has been a lazy weekend somewhat, Still managing to do my daily two mile walks, have cut it down from three..

I've watched the Euros and some Nottingham Tennis online. Nice that England have won their first match, and Notts have sold out places at the Nest.

Time for a nice night cap I think.

• Like 1