Euro 24 Watch (Group Stage)

Supporter+

Euro 24 starts tonight with the hosts Germany v Scotland that kicks off in Munich at 8 pm.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Not going well Scotland losing 3-0 and downto10 men. :doh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Supporter+

Absolutely disastrous first half for Scotland as they are losing 3:0 to Germany at half time.

They have been thoroughly outclassed by Germany and Scotland are down to ten men with a player being sent off for dangerous play, in the incident that led to the German penalty.

1 minute ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Not going well Scotland losing 3-0 and down to 10 men. :doh:

Scotland are being thoroughly outclassed in this one. Germans looking good.

• Like 1

they have no plan to attack, just defend and allow germany to have the ball. you would have thought they would at least try to stretch them. the penalty which was given for the 3 goal was a very poor challenge.

• Like 4

Supporter+

The challenge gets worse every time they replay it, absolutely awful.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@liampie Agree. Scotland have offered nothing, very strange tactics, and they had such a good lead up to the tournament. I expected much more from them tonight.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

The challenge gets worse every time they replay it, absolutely awful.

ally mccoist showed himself up by saying it was a good challenge, then doubled down by saying he had too. there was no need to jump in with that tackle, the foot that hit the ball was not made the incident dangerous. it was the other foot, with the studs showing. the moment he flew in i thought thats a red card.

22 minutes ago, Robbie said:

@liampie Agree. Scotland have offered nothing, very strange tactics, and they had such a good lead up to the tournament. I expected much more from them tonight.

i think they will regret not going out and trying to frustrate germany by holding the ball, make things tight and counter when possible. they just invited a decent grmany side to attack them and thats not a good plan.

• Like 4

Supporter+

That 4th goal was real beauty.

• Like 1

Scotland have been really poor .Germany have done what they should do ,at home, against a team playing wrong tactics.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Final score 

Germany 5 Scotland 1.

Scotland are not out of it yet. They have to play Switzerland & Hungary and 4 points could get them through. 

But they will have to improve if they are to have any chance of progressing.

Germany look very good.

Just now, Robbie said:

Final score 

Germany 5 Scotland 1.

Scotland are not out of it yet. They have to play Switzerland & Hungary and 4 points could get them through. 

But they will have to improve if they are to have any chance of progressing.

Germany look very good.

I think Scotland made them look better, I expected Germany to win but where was the fight(not literally) from Scotland.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@super_ram I agree that Scotland made them look good, but I think Germany did take their chances well and this win will give them lots of confidence and their supporters will be very up for this tournament now.

Will be interesting when Germany meet a better side. Hungary are on a good run at the moment.

The last time Germany met Hungary, Hungary won 1:0

• Like 1

How many times over the Years have the Germans trotted out the saying, We're not as Strong as we once were, we have star players out injured, it looks as if the German team will Struggle. Yeah we've heard it all before, but the Strange thing is when it comes to Big Tournaments Germany always seem to find that Extra Gear and some unknown German Player suddenly turns into a World Beater. Plus this time they are on Home Soil. Discount Germany At Your Peril.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I agree @Wheelbarrow repair man you certainly can't right off Germany as the host Country.

I'll like to see how they fair against Hungary & Switzerland, because those two teams should be a step up on the evidence of how the Scottish team performed tonight.

• Like 1

Supporter+

So today we have three matches on the second day of Euro 24

15 June
A: Hungary v Switzerland (Cologne, 15:00)
B: Spain vs Croatia (Berlin, 18:00)
B: Italy vs Albania (Dortmund, 21:00)

Spain v Croatia should be a good match.

Supporter+
5 hours ago, Robbie said:

So today we have three matches on the second day of Euro 24

15 June
A: Hungary v Switzerland (Cologne, 15:00)

The whole match is being covered live on ITV 1.

Supporter+

Latest Score 35 miutes

Hungary 0 Switzerland 1.

The Switzerland goal scored by a Brit, who lived in Switzerland for much of his life.

Switzerland dominating.

Supporter+
9 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Latest Score 35 miutes

Hungary 0 Switzerland 1.

The Switzerland goal scored by a Brit, who lived in Switzerland for much of his life.

Switzerland dominating.

Deserved 2nd goal for Switzerland, a 25 yard curler.

Half time

Hungary 0 Switzerland 2.

Supporter+

Hungary have pulled a goal back.

Hungary 1 Switzerland 2

Hungary banging on the door.

Supporter+
11 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Hungary have pulled a goal back.

Hungary 1 Switzerland 2

Hungary banging on the door.

Switzerland score their third goal in injury time and @Wheelbarrow repair man the goal was scored by the Swiss goalkeeper going long and direct. Going long does pay off every time and again.

Final score 

Hungary 1 Switzerland 3

• Like 1

Supporter+

So the next match is Spain v Croatia in Group B from Berlin

Start time 5 pm.

Supporter+

Spain in control of this match.

Spain 2 Croatia 0

Spain's 16 year old player looks very good.

Supporter+

Half time

Spain 3 Croatia 0.

Spain looking good, Croatia have had three reasonable chances but failed to take them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, super_ram said:

I think Scotland made them look better, I expected Germany to win but where was the fight (not literally) from Scotland.

They got the tactics wrong, Scotland, but I totally agree that their performance made Germany look much stronger.

Scotland set themselves up defensively, but never really looked like they were ready to get a grip of the game. Instead, allowing Germany to play. They have some good players, who could have caused Germany a few problems but on paper it should have been routine for them. Now, this will force Scotland to either wake up or crumble. They must go for it from here, otherwise they will be going home early.

• Like 1