Fact of the day 06 July 2024

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,760
  • Days Won:  27

Regardless of what others may say about Gareth Southgate, I believe he’s performed admirably in his role. It’s true that the team hasn’t lived up to expectations in this tournament, but a competent manager knows how to steer the ship in rough waters. I’m aware that some outspoken supporters attribute the changes to fan pressure. However, even Ivan Toney has expressed regret to Southgate for his late entry into the game. Initially, I might have agreed with the fans, but it’s clear that Toney understood the reasons behind the decision afterwards. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is mine.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,937
  • Days Won:  180
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Toney should replace Kane for the Netherlands match. Kane has had a long season and looks a bit leggy.

Ramsey replaced Greaves with Hurst in the 1966 World Cup and that was a masterstroke by Ramsey. The rest is history.

Greaves was regarded as the best striker in England at the time, and his omission did raise eyebrows.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,007
  • Days Won:  162

i watched a news segment on youtube where a person actually shown we have progressed further more with gareth southgate than all the years prior. its not because we just have a wave of good talent but his insight as a coach and manager. tactically, he might have his mindset but there is no denying he is a big part of the england teams success.

• Like 1