Weekend Chat - Friday 26th to Sunday 28th July

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning, happy Friday, the sun is shining and it’s going to be a lovely day.

I’m delighted to see people joining these little chats so let’s keep it going, I’m looking forward to the weekend, I’ve got some computer work to do this morning but hopefully I can get out in the garden this afternoon with a can of beer and relax.

Park run tomorrow all being well and then football updates in the afternoon.

Whats everyone else up to?

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Beautiful morning here in Mansfield, although they do forecast showers for the afternoon.

Things just look so brighter when it's sunshine.

Not anything planned for today. Might sit out of or an hour if it stays fine.

Olympics are beginning in Paris. I particularly like the track & field and cycling, but any sport with Brit interest will be following.

Notts play tomorrow at York City of course, so looking forward to that game.

There will be the obligatory garden work for an hour or too.

Happy weekend everyone.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

football on saturday, it should be a good day out and i am looking forward to taking a look around before the kick off. i don't know what else i will get up to other than watching notts.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Good morning, it’s a beautiful day for a park run, I’d better take my water bottle. Youngest grandson is coming round later while the rest of the family go to see the Nottingham Pride procession. I don’t suppose he’ll engage much, he’ll no doubt bring some gadget or other that he’ll have his head buried in, ho hum such is the life of a teenager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Supporter+

Another nice morning, although more cloudy than yesterday.

Visited the supermarket this morning just to get a few things for the weekend.

Came back and discovered that two wood pigeons are building a nest in our American Lilac bush.

The Bush is about 12 ft tall & 6 ft across. 

Not the best spot for a nest but it's a protected bush now. 

Looks like I won't be cutting the grass for several weeks with the lawn mower.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Robbie Isn’t it a bit late for birds to be building a nest, all those round here have fledged now.

In other news I knocked 23 seconds off my time from last weeks park run, better than getting slower I suppose. Grandson Fred is here and as predicted his head is in his phone, a few years ago he would have been excitedly waiting for my return looking out the window now he managed a grunt as I came in. :joker:

He did ask me if I’d had a good run though. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Supporter+

@Fan of Big Tone

This family including their descendents, have been around  this immediate area for all the time we've lived here, over 20 years.

They come to our garden to feed off the Ivy flowers & when we're in the garden they are quite tame and not put out by us being there by coming right close to us on occasions.

"The breeding season for Wood Pigeons is exceptionally long, and although the main season is between April and October, the species has been recorded breeding in every month of the year" "from Google" 

We had a tall conifer tree in our garden that grew to over forty feet, but we had to cut it down last November, as it was getting unstable.

They used to Nest in there, then when the tree was cut down they moved elsewhere, but it looks like they're back.

To be honest, I don't think that it will end well, I hope not, but they may have to learn a hard lesson.

• Like 2

Supporter+

We’ve spent the morning at a lovely sensory garden at a school created by the family of a young man who took his own life last year. A lovely tribute and a place where pupils can go when they need some calmness.

IMG_6171.jpeg

IMG_6173.jpeg

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yesterday, I caught up with much of the season prep and server side stuff that I needed to do.

The warmth seems to be making me tired, but it hasn't been as bad as usual. We were thinking of going to visit Super, but I didn't feel up to it. Jake's at my brothers having a sleepover, so we decided that Sunday would be the right time to go see dad.

We're preparing to go now, which will be nice. I plan to do more of his garden on Tuesday. :) 

• Like 2