Neil Critchley sacked as Blackpool Head Coach.

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

After just two games of their season, Neil Critchley has been dismissed as Blackpool Head Coach.

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

the fans had been displeased with his role as the manager, the way the team crumbled to stockport county must have been the last straw. there is a vlog on youtube that shows how the games effect dwindled the crowd from really positive to virtually empty.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am afraid it's Blackpool fans voting with their feet, they have been making their feelings known and the results in the two games did show some grim signs. I would have given him longer, but the situation has turned toxic there.

It's a decision which might have been warranted before the start of the season.

However, he did sign a four-year-deal the season Blackpool were relegated to League One. The club is crying out for investment. on the pitch.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I rarely watch Fusion Josh. He gives me vibes similar to Harry Kane. 🤣

But, this video was something that stumbled into my watch list when I allowed videos to overlap from what I was actually watching. It's a good video from the sense of capturing both sides and the vibes around Blackpool. I think the scenes near the end show how fed up Blackpool fans are.

Blackpool's support was very impressive at the start and for most parts of the game, they seem to have been unlucky not to have taken the lead. Yet, Stockport are one of those teams that once they do score, they will push for more. I am surprised by how well they are growing, but I do think some of their fans are glory hunters and borderline delusional.

They're not a Championship team, never have been but have a very good chance to become a stronger squad.

I see no reason why they couldn't become a Peterborough United type team, but it's all about them being able to continue their success. As a team who benefitted from their time in the National League, they'll be wise to enjoy this and encourage it to continue.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I’m not too familiar with what Blackpool have been going through, especially under Neil Critchley. It’s never a good sign when people describe your time in charge as a ‘hangover’.

This is a good read for those like me who are curious or just interested.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/opinion-the-hangover-of-last-season-hadnt-gone-away-and-neil-critchleys-position-at-blackpool-seemed-untenable-but-the-timing-is-still-off-4751423

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

It’s why most managers shouldn’t go back to their former clubs. It’s a difficult task with Blackpool, but they should be doing much better. They have some decent players and are more than equipped to be at the other end of the table. I’m not so sure about automatics, but certainly near the playoffs. This has been coming since the end of last season.

• Like 1