If not Notts then who?

Sid

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

We all desperately hope that Notts keep their League 1 status although, as I've said, I can't rate our chances better than 50/50. Those games that others had over us unfortunately seem to be turning into more points than you would hope for. Bristol C especially seem to have rallied and I see them pulling clear.

So my question is this:

If Notts are to survive then name me four clubs that are likely to take the fall this season. Whatever four I come up with I can list three certain fallers, but the fourth in my reckoning is Notts. We have no consistency whereas Cotterill is now drilling that into Bristol. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I would go for:

Stevenage

Shrewbury

Crawley

Tranmere

I agree that Notts are still inconsistent but I am hoping that Derry can drill some constitency into them. I guess all the teams at the bottom will be scrapping for their lives and there will be some surprise results along the way.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Sid Do you fancy having a go at this? Link

I honestly feel we can survive, although the gaps going to become thinner and our chances will start to become obscure. That said, I can see 4 teams doing worse.

Tranmere, Crewe, Shrewsbury and Stevenage.

(Tranmere are very lucky at times, they're a side I do not rate. Crewe seem to be struggling, I really think they have it hard. Shrewsbury (sorry Will) have been dodging relegation a number of years and started off brightly, yet they've burnt out now. Stevenage have no chance, they kick all the League 1 teams all over but they will still go down)

Bristol City are now on the up, I think they will be contenders for the drop (like us) but I just feel we have enough to manage keeping up.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

carlisle, shrewsbury, sheffield united, stevenage.

i am surprised nobodies mentioned sheff utd, they dont have a goal scorer and their defence is shocking. cotterills got bristol city in the position he wants them, i do not see them falling back now. i think we will be save, tho as mentioned above we might continue to flirt with the drop zone.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I see two teams being sunk all ready, the rest is between 4 to 5 times.

Notts could very well be one of them, although I do think tranmere are a side which should be mindful. That would leave a battle for who finishes outside and which team is relegated to league two.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Stevenage - they're already down imo

Shrewsbury - likewise

Carlisle - they're heading in the wrong direction & have one of the worst defences in the league

Sheff Utd / Crewe - they both really struggle to score, Sheff Utd's saviour might be their defence but they would be my tip for the shock relegation there normally is

Archived