Sharing pages on Facebook

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Ok, hands up all those who like to share things on Facebook, you know the sort of thing.

Share this if you have the best daughter in the world.

Share this if you hate cancer.

Click on this picture and share and see what happens.

Then there is the one where it shows a sick child, possibly deformed or something and it says that the parents can't afford treatment and if you share or like Facebook will donate a certain amount to the child's treatment.

The one that asks you to share advice about if you are mugged and taken to a ATM at knifepoint or whatever you can put your pin number in backwards and it will alert police that you are being robbed and they immediately send a squad car round. What a load of b*ll*cks!

A lot of these things make you feel guilty if you don't share, well don't feel guilty and don't share because it is making money for scammers. Read this.

Facebook Like & Share Photo Scams - Don't Make Scammers Rich - ThatsNonsense.com Blog

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't like 'em.

I'm very fussy when it comes to these things, I just don't see the point. Now some do expose truth and spread a message, tho the majority are just pointless spam.

Kate's similar to me, she don't like the majority.

She does share graphics tho.

I guess it depends, some statements are ok but some are meaningless.

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i stopped using facebook, i was tired of seeing my friends posting links to iffy sites and then creating a new one.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I never Share that stuff, load of cods wollop if you ask me. Why do you have to preach to the world how you feel? 

My thought on FB and i'm perhaps in the Minority but i Hate it when people share EVERYTHING in their lives. I don't want to know that sh it . 

I never Share that stuff, load of cods wollop if you ask me. Why do you have to preach to the world how you feel?

My thought on FB and i'm perhaps in the Minority but i Hate it when people share EVERYTHING in their lives. I don't want to know that sh it .

Ha! I know what you mean, I used to have some old school friends who would put every moment up.

Including getting food, pictures of it and other business.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

As Joe said i don't really like to share these type of things too, they are pretty pointless.

I do have a few friends that share just about everything and my news feed fills up with loads of rubbish. Alot of friends i've put to only receive important things because they post every moment of their day and its abit too much tbh.

I don't update facebook alot as its not a diary, its just somewhere to keep in contact with friends and family. I do tend to play candy crush on it alot though -_-

I do put photos on it but keep them set with certain preferences to who can see them as thats obviously important.

Supporter+

As Joe said i don't really like to share these type of things too, they are pretty pointless.

I do have a few friends that share just about everything and my news feed fills up with loads of rubbish. Alot of friends i've put to only receive important things because they post every moment of their day and its abit too much tbh.

I don't update facebook alot as its not a diary, its just somewhere to keep in contact with friends and family. I do tend to play candy crush on it alot though -_-

I do put photos on it but keep them set with certain preferences to who can see them as thats obviously important.

Hi @cheeky~k8 can you explain how you manage to put friends so that you only receive important things, I've had a look and can't see how to do that but it sounds a great idea. I'd love to block all those silly sharing things but still get status updates that are interesting.

Hi @cheeky~k8 can you explain how you manage to put friends so that you only receive important things, I've had a look and can't see how to do that but it sounds a great idea. I'd love to block all those silly sharing things but still get status updates that are interesting.

There goes me... :lol:

Supporter+

There goes me... :lol:

You don't share pictures of a leprechaun and say if I make a wish it will come true and I've got five minutes to share it with ten people or something horrible will happen.

You don't share pictures of a leprechaun and say if I make a wish it will come true and I've got five minutes to share it with ten people or something horrible will happen.

No, no, no.... I don't do that sort of thing. ;)

1957606_10203547605233657_1581307581_n.j

Supporter+

I nearly fell off my seat laughing when I received this via facebook. Thanks Joe, cheered me up no end.

Mrs. H. says your talents are wasted.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I don't use facebook.I don't want faceless ,anonymous idiots sending me their pathetic opinions.

I don't use facebook.I don't want faceless ,anonymous idiots sending me their pathetic opinions.

Ha! You should try twitter, majority of normal people but the pond life seem to take over it.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

This is why I don't use it.People say things they wouldn't dare say to your face certainly not without the backup of their cowardly mates.

Supporter+

The thing is @super_ram you would only get that sort of thing if you allow those people to be your friends, otherwise they can't contact you. You are notified if someone wants to be your friend on Facebook and it's simple, if you don't know them just reject the request. So you won't get faceless, anonymous idiots contacting you, only people you have allowed to be friends.

I can't understand people who collect 100's of "friends" but they are people they don't really know. I only have people for friends who are either family, close friends or people I have met and am comfortable with.

Facebook is great for keeping in touch with family members and friends, sharing photos of loved ones etc., a couple of years ago I found my nephew and niece through facebook, we had lost contact with them years ago and they were so happy to be in touch again, I was really pleased that they got to know their cousin again (our son) shortly before he died. We now keep in touch regularly on facebook, this would never happen without it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

I only have family on facebook, i also only selectively read it.

No point adding people you do not know, they are not why you joined.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I'd like to be able to tell you but the option has now been taken away so its not possible anymore unless you make a group for the people you only want to see certain things and set that group to only show those updates. For some reason i still get only important updates for the ones i set before but its not an option anymore.

i've looked it up and found a facebook link of people asking about it and facebook confirmed you now have to create a group and do it that way, not individual people anymore. Does that make sense?

Supporter+

Thanks @cheeky~k8, yes it does make sense, I also found that when you get these shares there is an option to say "I don't want to see anything like this again" or something like that. So you can block the shares but not the person which is what I want.

When grandson Freddy is asleep this afternoon I will have a play around and try your idea too, thanks for the tips.

Your husband will be the first victim after his recent behaviour :biggrin:

Archived