Pep talk from a Millers fan

BradtheMiller

I genuinely hope that this post doesn't come across as patronising, because that'd be the last thing i'd want.

The main thing our two clubs have in common is that we're traditionally lower two division clubs.

Since we were relegated from the Championship in 2004/05, Rotherham United have had to endure two spells in administration, had a total of 37 points deducted by our Football League friends in punishment for said administrations, had to endure the club playing home games in Sheffield (Don Valley Stadium) for four seasons because of our greedy ex chairman & owner of Millmoor charging the club exorbitant rent for the site & almost bankrupting the club. I for one do not & will never forget those dark days, even though we now have a fairly benevolent Chairman, who delivered on his promise of building a new stadium in the town & the good times seemingly having returned.

Notts have a fine stadium, a good potential fanbase, passionate knowledgeable supporters, a young manager who loves the club & who is desperate to succeed. Mr Trew & you Pies fans should stick with Derry, relegation may (or may not) happen, let him have the summer to clearout the dead wood & sign his own players, then & only then, can Notts fans start to judge him.

I know it's rough ATM, but stick together & keep the faith!!!!!

It's been discussed that we need to stick with Derry.

He's learning, so that's the important thing. He's shown signs of excellent motivation, it will be the ultimate test to see how we end the season and bounce back. Will our squad/club end up a mid table League Two team? I suspect this will happen but even with that I personally would give Derry a few seasons. This includes if we fall into the bottom half of League Two.

There's a lot to be learned from clubs such as Rotherham who have one of the best lower league youth systems in my opinion.

The same can be said for Walsall, as I have often told @sadlad that I value the way his side bloods the youngsters into the first team. They're another example that one season might work out, yet hard work and sticking together pays off and just compare them also to a few seasons back.

Stability for me is the important thing, we should see much more of this.

Great post Ian!

I wouldn't want any other person as manager right now, Derry is the only thing that keeps me believing, just about. We have to stick with him nd give him time. Derry has the knowledge, contacts, and genuine ability to build something special at Notts, but we must give him the time and the resources to do it. He loves this football club. If he can't bring us success, nobody else has much hope. Shaun Derry's Black & White Army!

We do need to stick with him to get further... if we had more money to spend we could get better players but unfortunately we don't so he can only do this best with what we do have. He has the passion and belief to take us further... just give him time. I know at the moment we need to score and the players need to perform better but theres only so much a manager can do with what players we've got.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the this season you can bet there will be a lot of changes before next season kicks off!

Archived