False Dawns

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

I listened to an interview that Shaun Derry gave on Radio Nottingham this morning and I thought it was spot on.

I can't remember the exact words but he said that the players need to forget all that is going on around the club at the moment with the great escape talk and posters and everything, they need to focus on the game on Saturday and make sure they are at their best and get three points. He said we have had too many false dawns and he didn't want this to be another one.

Well said Shaun, the last thing we want is a big crowd on Saturday all expectant, the loud speakers playing the Great Escape theme tune and then the players not putting in a performance and we lose and end up back to square one. They need to forget all the hype and concentrate on playing the game the same as they have the last two games.

The great escape brings fans together, people won't like it but its gone a little Ott for me. However, optimism is a great strength and some I absolutely love.

Getting fans to share the poster/ staff brilliant.

Yet Shauns saying what people want to hear, realistic views and I enjoyed JRC's thoughts.

False dawns? Please.... Notts win tomorrow, Shaun needs to get em focused for the final push.

Only out of it on GD, six more absolutely massive games to come. When you look at the table, anything we can get next weekend will be a huge bonus. Mind yu, we've won 3 in a row and scored 9 goals in the process. Brentford on the other hand suffered a 3-0 loss in the week and could only draw 0-0 at Oldham today. The pressure will be all on them to win, as everyone will be expecting them to do so. Who knows?

Just keep fighting & try & do us a massive favour in the process. It could be just the right time to face Brentford as they are away at Sheffield United in midweek & I can see signs of them bottling it massively!!!

COYP!!!

You've got more faith in Brentford bottling it than us. Even derry was choosing his words carefully when discussing the Brentford match. It went from a good performance to maybe nick a point.

Think positive 3 points in the bag!

Just keep fighting & try & do us a massive favour in the process. It could be just the right time to face Brentford as they are away at Sheffield United in midweek & I can see signs of them bottling it massively!!!

COYP!!!

Good luck to the Millers also

Only out of it on GD, six more absolutely massive games to come. When you look at the table, anything we can get next weekend will be a huge bonus. Mind yu, we've won 3 in a row and scored 9 goals in the process. Brentford on the other hand suffered a 3-0 loss in the week and could only draw 0-0 at Oldham today. The pressure will be all on them to win, as everyone will be expecting them to do so. Who knows?

Stranger things have happened ;)

3 wins, back to back and reducing the points from 7 to 2. Our stats will look healthier in the next match thread for sure! :D

Archived