Lee Hughes

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Anyone know the latest on Hughesy, are Port Vale going to come in for him again or now he is being played a bit more will he want to stay?

I for one hope he stays, there is life in the old dog yet.

According to the Evening Post he wants to stay but is not happy not playing.

I haven't heard anything apart from other clubs fans spreading rumours, mostly league one but a Chesterfield fan direct messaged me on Twitter asking me if it's true he wants to join them. Huh!?!?!?!

Hopefully he stays, he's proven his use in our squad even as a part player. (I doubt he expects to play all the time)

He and the club have decided to part ways.

Notts County can confirm that striker Lee Hughes has left the club by mutual consent.

Hughes, who moved to Meadow Lane in the summer of 2009, made 146 appearances for the club, scoring 66 goals during a successful spell that included winning the Coca-Cola League 2 Championship in his debut season.

However, having found regular first team opportunities harder to come by this season, both parties felt that a mutually agreeable departure was in the interests of Notts County and Lee, who is now free to find a new club and a longer-term deal with a view to getting back to playing and scoring regularly.

The prolific striker became a firm fans’ favourite here at Notts County and the club would like to thank Lee for all of his efforts during his time at Meadow Lane.

Director Aileen Trew said of Hughes’ departure: “When a player has scored so many goals and become such an icon at a club, it is always difficult to see them leave, especially when they still have something to offer the club.

“I'd like to sincerely thank Lee for the part he has played in bringing success to this club during his time with at Meadow Lane,” added Mrs Trew.

“A real character, Hughsey's been a pleasure to work with and to watch on the pitch as he worked his magic with the original Magpies. I'd like to wish Lee and his family all the very best as he moves onto pastures new. LADTH!”

Thank you Lee Hughes, you've been a gem to this club and I wish you well. Now to get behind the club too :)

No matter what people say, Lee Hughes will always be a legend at Meadow Lane. 66 goals he scored - some wonderstrikes, some title winning goals, some league 1 status saving goals, some poachers goals. All will be remembered, he brought us some wonderful memories. Thanks for everything Hughsey, good luck wherever you go next! LADTH!

Im sad to see him go, I genuinally thought he could do a job still for us but him not being happy with the amount of playing time he's had is completely understandable.

I hope we have someone with a proven track record at this level lined up to come in, but somehow, i doubt it :.

Wonderful player and I will never forget the goals, the humour and fun he brought to the Lane! Sad to see him go, but important to see the bigger picture and move on.

Thanks a lot Hughesy, still doing your infamous dance across clubs in Nottingham.

Supporter+

It's a real shame he has gone, I loved seeing him score some wonderful goals, good luck Hughsey.

Archived