Tomorrow the hard work begins.

Feral Fox

Contract decisions will be made from tomorrow onwards and the first week from the end of the old season is crucial to our club. This week will see some players departing as expected and others staying when we expected them to go. 

Should be an interesting week.

Will we be able to keep the key players? I hope Derry focuses on keeping a squad which can add too, rather than dismantle each year. Good contracts will be key, the length etc.

If they are good enough, get them tied down!

Think we could well see the usual clear out this summer seen as we've hardly got any players still under contract, but I think it should be the last one for a while. If we keep players like Liddle, Sheehan, Spencer and JCR it should give us a good squad for Derry to build upon. Hopefully we can hang on to them all.

I'd like to see the team built around Sheehan but wasn't particularly happy he chose to air his pay grievances after the Oldham game on the radio. That aside we need a strong captain to lead the team if we are ever to challenge for promotion. I am a big fan of Bart but it would be difficult to keep him if we are offered a decent fee for him. JCR has finally proved his worth under Derry & Abbott and would therefore be another crucial player next season. Liddle briefly showed his class after the injury but faded in the last few games. He will be back to his old self after rest and recuperation and a definite must for next season. However it's key we get his position in the team sorted! I can't see us keeping Spencer, which is a real shame as Derry gave him what he wanted, first team football.

Iv got faith in shawn in getting it right, some players we want to stay will leave, but I'm 100% sure new heroes will be watched next season. O/T I'm a little gutted bham stayed up, good away day. Coyp!!

I felt the same about Birmingham,never been but fancied going, but that might make us more likely to get Mullins back in which I am keen on!

I'm guessing that a few of our players will wait & see what other offers might transpire before deciding whether or not to commit to us.

I'd prefer to keep Bart, Sheehan, Liddle, Dumbuya, Spencer, Murray, JCR & a few of the youngsters. Get Mullins in & find another striker, 2 midfielders and a centre back - for starters. Good core of a side there if we can replace the loanees and add some quality to the squad, not just numbers.

Archived