Question time last night

Supporter+

Did anyone see Question Time on BBC 1 last night? For those that don't know it's a question and answer session where prominent politicians of different parties answer questions from the audience. I caught one little portion and Joey Barton was on (God know's why???) anyway, he made a right twit of himself when he said to the UKIP representative that her party was like the best of 4 ugly women. He said

‘All you represent to me as Ukip is the best of a bad bunch. If I’m somewhere and there are four really ugly girls and I’m thinking she is not the worst, that is all you represent to us.’

The audience let out an audible gasp. I know what he was trying to say and (without wanting to start a political debate) I agree with what he meant to say but I do think he could have chosen better words. It has caused a bit of a storm.

The women Ukip MEP his remarks were aimed at was quick to respond with this:

‘What an offensive thing to say. The ignorance that you spout it illustrates that footballers’ brains are in their feet.’

I have to say in the case of Joey Barton, I totally agree with her.

Did anyone see Question Time on BBC 1 last night? For those that don't know it's a question and answer session where prominent politicians of different parties answer questions from the audience. I caught one little portion and Joey Barton was on (God know's why???) anyway, he made a right twit of himself when he said to the UKIP representative that her party was like the best of 4 ugly women. He said

‘All you represent to me as Ukip is the best of a bad bunch. If I’m somewhere and there are four really ugly girls and I’m thinking she is not the worst, that is all you represent to us.’

The audience let out an audible gasp. I know what he was trying to say and (without wanting to start a political debate) I agree with what he meant to say but I do think he could have chosen better words. It has caused a bit of a storm.

The women Ukip MEP his remarks were aimed at was quick to respond with this:

‘What an offensive thing to say. The ignorance that you spout it illustrates that footballers’ brains are in their feet.’

I have to say in the case of Joey Barton, I totally agree with her.

Non of the political parties fill me with confidence,so in that respect I agree with Joey Barton and what @tonyhateley says but isn't the Ukip MEP's comment equally offensive ?

Supporter+

Let's face it, we've known this all along and Joey Barton isn't all that bright.

No he isn't otherwise he wouldn't have said that and @super_ram makes a good point in that the MEPs remark about footballers was equally offensive.

I used to love watching question time especially during Maggie Thatchers tenure, the politicians of all parties were a lot more interesting then and there were some good debates in my opinion.

I also liked to watch Robin Day give them a good grilling, he didn't take any prisoners.

Archived